• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean?

Rosie132

Young Bun
My rabbit doesn’t mind being stroked but sometimes jumps away when I try. Today he was sitting in his box and I gently put my hand in and stroked him. His ears were back and he laid down and put his head low. He started making noises with his teeth and then when I stroked his cheeks he closed his eyes and put his head lower. I think he was happy. Was he happy? I feel like he wouldn’t let me do this outside of his little house, why?

maybe he feels safest in his little house. It sounds like your rabbit enjoyed you stroking him very much. Its a good sign he trust you. Gentle tooth chattering / purring is a sign of contentment

maybe he feels safest in his little house. It sounds like your rabbit enjoyed you stroking him very much. Its a good sign he trust you. Gentle tooth chattering / purring is a sign of contentment

Okay and do you think he’ll ever let me stroke him outside of his little house?

Aw how lovely. My two childhood rabbit did this. None of my current lot do. You are very fortunate.

Okay and do you think he’ll ever let me stroke him outside of his little house?

none of mine have ever tolerated being stroked except for 1 rabbit (Poppy) that would accept 1, maybe 2 strokes - & it took 6 years to get to that stage :lol: :roll:

Back