• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding young boy rabbits

WillKitch

New Kit
Hi all.
I have two boy rabbits both under a year.
Buster who we got first, and Winston who is slightly younger, and we bought second.

Winston was supposed to be Winnie, but the pet shop made an error, and now I'm desperate for them to bond, but they fight.

Buster was castrated first, and they shared a hutch and we're good friends.
As Winston's hormones kicked in around 6 months, they started to fight.
Winston has now been castrated (10 days ago).

At the moment I have Winston outside by himself, and Buster in the house as they can't be together.

Does anyone have any tips on how to bond them?

Should I wait some more time before trying (Winston's testosterone to drop).

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
I think they are both lonely, but also want to fight each other for dominance!

I would definitely wait at least another 6 weeks. There is no point in trying to bond them while one is still hormonal and they are very likely to fight. Wait until things have settled down and try again somewhere completely neutral to them both.

I would definitely wait at least another 6 weeks. There is no point in trying to bond them while one is still hormonal and they are very likely to fight. Wait until things have settled down and try again somewhere completely neutral to them both.

I second this!

Back