• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for John-Joe PLease- U/D 5th May

Thanks everyone. At the moment JJ is fine within himself. My Vet has advised that we treat him symptomatically, so atm he is having Isathal applied to the nodule on his eyelid. He is being checked twice a day for signs of more nodules/inflamed genitals etc. His lungs are listened to twice a day and his temperature is taken twice a day. His GI tract motility is being constantly monitored and I am to look out for any nasal discharge/sneezing.

The adverse vaccine reaction has been reported xx

Glad to hear that he’s doing okay. These bunnies know how to stress us don’t they! Sending love and nose rubs x

Thanks everyone. At the moment JJ is fine within himself. My Vet has advised that we treat him symptomatically, so atm he is having Isathal applied to the nodule on his eyelid. He is being checked twice a day for signs of more nodules/inflamed genitals etc. His lungs are listened to twice a day and his temperature is taken twice a day. His GI tract motility is being constantly monitored and I am to look out for any nasal discharge/sneezing.

The adverse vaccine reaction has been reported xx

Pleased JJ is not feeling ill with this reaction. xx

Thanks again everyone. JJ is still fine within himself and so far he has not developed any more symptoms.

Why is it that recently when I try to do the 'right' thing it all goes wrong :? :cry:

I’m glad he is ok in himself. I’m sorry that you have had to go through this:cry: topping up the vibes and hugs xx

Thanks again everyone. JJ is still fine within himself and so far he has not developed any more symptoms.

Why is it that recently when I try to do the 'right' thing it all goes wrong :? :cry:

so glad he seems to be stable. sending him my best wishes & hugs from Poppy & Pepper xxxx

I'm glad to hear John-Joe has not had any further symptoms and seems to be holding his own. You both continue to feature in my prayers. :love:

I empathize with the despair you must feel regarding care and treatment that seem to go awry. We can only do what is best according to our knowledge and advice of our vets, Jane. We cannot see the unseen. You are doing well by your animal family and I firmly believe they couldn't possibly be in better hands. Any time spent with you is spent in loving care and kindness. Don't ever doubt it.
Many hugs coming your way. I wish I could do more. xxxxx

Really pleased that John-Joe hasn't developed any further symptoms. Sending him lots more vibes.

Hoping he’s continuing to do well. Honestly, I don’t believe in luck, but some people just seem to have a run of unpleasant things happening to them, it does stop though. I used to work with a girl who always had the most stressful things happen, it was a saying in the office, It could only happen to “Sarah”. In the space of a week she accidentally (of course) reversed over her cat (cat was fine in the end), found a dead body at the side of the road (a homeless man who died of alcohol abuse) and fell down her stairs and broke her hip (aged 22!). In all seriousness though, Asothers have said, all the rabbits that have come to you recently have come from less than ideal conditions and so there is bound to be a higher incidence of problems. Add into that mix the fact that sometimes, there is no cause, it’s just one of those things, such as when I lost Flip when he was neutered, whilst his littermate Flop was absolutely fine.
In summary, it’s nothing that you have control of, you haven’t done anything wrong xxx

Thankfully JJ has not developed any more nodules and the one on his eyelid is slightly better. His temperature remains normal and so far there are no signs of respiratory tract symptoms/swollen genitals ( I think he is a bit :? about why I keep looking at his willy.................)

I dare not say more for fear of tempting fate. Thank you yet again for your support :love:

Thankfully JJ has not developed any more nodules and the one on his eyelid is slightly better. His temperature remains normal and so far there are no signs of respiratory tract symptoms/swollen genitals ( I think he is a bit :? about why I keep looking at his willy.................)

I dare not say more for fear of tempting fate. Thank you yet again for your support :love:

great news :D xxx

Back