• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Misha

Hi, i am Fiona
On Tuesday i got an 11 week old mini lop. My first rabbit since i was a kid, i am now 43, so that was a long time ago!
I am a massive fan of the show Supernatural, so her name is Misha who plays the angel Castiel, it was JUST Misha till i thought she had some demon in her, i had been petting her, she was fine with that till i went to pick up her poop to place in her litter tray, she went NUTS at me with her front claws!
So her new full name is Misha Crowley Winchester (Crowley is the demon king of hell in the show, it suits her bad ass attitude)

She was used to dogs, so is great with my 2 Lyla and Spyro.
She had her first proper run on the floor not just the sofa today, and love how confident she is!
I put her back after 45 min, she was NOT impressed!!
I have ordered horse bedding wood shavings instead of the small scented stuff i have.
5b708989-488f-4b2a-ae82-4759da85af9e-original.jpg

96b1136c-7cf4-4fde-8c4d-f1da7af540a3-original.jpg

ef4778ab-7291-4270-aae3-e43cd0c2559a-original.jpg

Hello and welcome. Misha is lovely and full of character! Wood shavings tend to be too dusty for bunnies and can cause respiratory problems and when they are wet can give off Phenols which can cause liver disease. Most people on here have a litter tray with for example newspaper and hay on top. This encourages the rabbit to use it for their toilet.

Thanks, for that.
As for the litter tray, she is great at using it, even when out she will go back and uses it, even though i have another, AND took the other out thinking it would help her, but she went back in cage looking for it.

Welocme to the forum and great way to have your first post with a stunning bun like Misha. I also echo the view of Tonibun regarding sawdust. Please try to avoid using it. Newspapers are a preferred method and some (myself included) use megazorb for toilet/lining etc (with newspaper and straw) and that seems to work fine. Misha is truly lovely and looking forward to following her adventurs. x

Thanks everyone, she is a great character, loves cuddles, weirdly likes cuddling into my neck, or my shoulder! and she has the 2 dogs wrapped round her little paws!

Back