Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dash Stasis-He is gone

Default Dash Stasis-He is gone

This morning, after I took care of Gemini the head-tilt bunny with an inner ear infection, I went to give Dash fresh hay and noticed he did not eat most of the hay he was given late last night. Upon a closer inspection, Dash only made 3 poos and hardly drank any water too. He was sitting and tummy pressing too. Dash has chronic intestinal issues as noted in my prior posts. For the past few days Dash has been making even more and larger than his usual poos. He normally makes large oval poos, but some in the past few days were even larger ovals and on Monday I saw some larger log shaped poos. At midnight Dash was enjoying some dandelion greens my spouse picked up for him on his way home from work (the usual store did not have any). The rear of his tummy felt a bit firmer than usual so I gave him Cisapride hoping to get ahead of another serious stasis. Prior to that he had eaten hay, peed and produced poo. This morning Dash would not even nibble on Dandelion greens which he normally eats very quickly.

Before I went to an appointment that I already cancelled once because of Gemini's issues, I gave Dash pain meds, fluids, syringe feed, and motility meds. I even called vet to get approval for higher Medicam dosage to help ease his pain. I also gave him a heat pad under several layers of towel. A few hours later Dash is still not eating and he seems even more bloated/uncomfortable.

I know Dash survived this level of stasis once before, but so did his littermate Evan who I later lost to stasis in December. I am so afraid Dash will follow in his brother's footsteps and not get better.

Please send Dash some please poo vibes. Gemini and I could also use some more positive vibes.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 23-09-2019 at 04:05 PM.

I really hope Dash improves soon, I’m sending lots of vibes and hugs to Dash, Gemini, and hugs and vibes to you xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I'm sorry to hear that Dash isn't doing so well, I think I would contacting vet again, and see if you can get an appointment. I'm sending him loads of vibes, and for yourself too xxx
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Sending vibes for Dash. I hope that you can get to see the vet and get Dash eating and pooping again. xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for all of you.I hope that Dash shows signs of improvement soon.

Sending lots of vibes for Dash and all our paws crossed for poop xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

Sending over lots of vibes for Dash x

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    This morning, after I took care of Gemini the head-tilt bunny with an inner ear infection, I went to give Dash fresh hay and noticed he did not eat most of the hay he was given late last night. Upon a closer inspection, Dash only made 3 poos and hardly drank any water too. He was sitting and tummy pressing too. Dash has chronic intestinal issues as noted in my prior posts. For the past few days Dash has been making even more and larger than his usual poos. He normally makes large oval poos, but some in the past few days were even larger ovals and on Monday I saw some larger log shaped poos. At midnight Dash was enjoying some dandelion greens my spouse picked up for him on his way home from work (the usual store did not have any). The rear of his tummy felt a bit firmer than usual so I gave him Cisapride hoping to get ahead of another serious stasis. Prior to that he had eaten hay, peed and produced poo. This morning Dash would not even nibble on Dandelion greens which he normally eats very quickly.

Before I went to an appointment that I already cancelled once because of Gemini's issues, I gave Dash pain meds, fluids, syringe feed, and motility meds. I even called vet to get approval for higher Medicam dosage to help ease his pain. I also gave him a heat pad under several layers of towel. A few hours later Dash is still not eating and he seems even more bloated/uncomfortable.

I know Dash survived this level of stasis once before, but so did his littermate Evan who I later lost to stasis in December. I am so afraid Dash will follow in his brother's footsteps and not get better.

Please send Dash some please poo vibes. Gemini and I could also use some more positive vibes.
    dear bunny momma,-please review this rabbit website,it is the most concise -- http://www.medirabbit.com I know you will find it refreshing..--lots of heavy vibs-for dash--sincerely james waller from across the great pond,usa

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post

Oh no, you really are having a dreadful time at the moment, I am so sorry that now Dash is poorly again. His comlex GI tract issues and those of his late Brother are very difficult to predict and manage. I know from first hand experience with a similar case Sending millions of vibes for all of you xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Thank you all for your good wishes and the links to information.
    Dash and I had some tense hours yesterday, yet after almost 24 hours from when his stasis began, he passed a log like poo that was the length of four or five of his normally large poos and some extra large poos. Even after passing these first poos, he was not wanting to eat on his own. I monitored him until 2:30am when he began to nibble on his greens/hay and he passed a few more poos (smaller than the first). It was not until this morning that he was begging and acting closer to normal. He will continue to get meds to keep him on the tract to recovery. Like his late brother, Dash can go from being fine to being ill within hours. In fact, this is not the first time he made poos that were larger than us usual poos right before he became ill. I was hoping giving him the Cisapride when I saw the change in his output would have prevented this incident; yet he still got very ill--then again he did recover.