• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding and adopting

Briperkins

New Kit
hi! so we are getting our 6year old Male vaccinated and neutered asap so we can adopt him a female friend. he lives out side in a hutch and has a run. when we adopt her we have to keep her separate so we can bond later. I'm just thinking will we have to buy a new hutch after bonding so they have separate space or would they live together? also can they be in sight of each other while being kept separate? how much time after she is here before we start bonding? I've never bonded rabbits so I dont have much idea on what to do before I start the sessions. any tips on bonding would he helpful too. I've never bonded 2 rabbits so please give me as much info as you can. thanks!

Wait until your boy is neutered and healed then you can introduce a female friend, preferably spayed. You will need to introduce them in a neutral area, where your boy has not been before. I usually put the 2 rabbits together without separating them, unless they fight. Most rabbits bond fairly quickly. Male rabbits vary in their territorialness, some would just accept a friend into their space but some wouldn't. If he has lived in the same hutch for 6 years then maybe it's time to renew it. Or if it is still in good condition you can give it a good clean and then wipe over with white vinegar.

Back