• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Hobo

I am so sad about Hobo and am sending out lots of hugs to you and your daughter.

As Lynda said at least he isn't in any pain now and is happy and hopping about with all the other buns who have passed over.

I know how sad you must be just now but he was such a lovely bun who I am sure gave you loads of great times. You can tell by those gorgeous photos that he was obviously much loved and in return loved you all. Those memories are the ones to treasure.

Thinking about you all.

lol Pam

oh im so sorry to hear you have lost your beautifull hobo :cry:
Did the vet fine out what was wrong?
my thoughts are with you
binky free hobo xxx

I am so sorry Julie, I have been missing some posts and reading through this I thought that there was some hope. I am shocked and saddened to hear Hobo has gone to the rainbow bridge. He looks a cheeky little monkey and your pictures of him are just adorable. My heart goes out to you Julie and to your daughter at such a sad time.

OMG Julie I'm so sorry :(

I couldn't get on here yesterday and so have only just caught up. I can't believe that, the cheeky little stray that came into everyones hearts earlier this year has gone.
My love and best wishes go to you and yours. But also to Honey, Mo and Azlan.

Take care you did all you could for him, and he had a great life with you all.
Binky free little man.

Oh Julie - I'm so sorry to hear about the lovely Hobo - what a fab bunny he was and what a great home and mum he's had to give him love and care.

They leave such a big hole in your heart when they go but your little cheeky chap is now pain free now and binkying around with the other bunns on the other side of the Bridge and I'm sure saying hello to all the other Forum Bridge Bunnies.

Sending you huge bunny hugs at this sad time.

I haven't been on the forum much over the weekend and am just catching up with all the posts now.

I'm so sorry to hear about Hobo :( - he was such a happy, cheeky looking chap, who had a wonderful home with you and his other bunny friends.

Thinking of you all

So sorry to hear your sad news, thinking of you and sending you lots of love , from all the Sanctuary rabbits

Thanks for all you lovely messages - to make matters even worse - Amelia lost her guinea pig Basil yesterday too - very sudden and unexpected. He was running around in his run in the garden on Saturday, both him and Chester had their nails clipped and seemed fine - but found him dead in his hutch yesterday morning - how on earth can these things happen??
We now have a very lonely looking Chester so we may be on the lookout for yet another male baby pig - but I think we will wait a while in case there is something amiss at home. That is unless anyone knows of a baby rex pig - she just loved Basil's curly whiskers!!

Oh god - poor Amelia that is such awful timing!

My heart goes out to the both of you to lose two beloved friends in such a short space of time!

Caz

Julie, I'm so, so sorry to hear about Hobo. And then to lose Basil as well, my heart goes out to you.

xx

Oh Julie and Amelia..I am really sad to hear this very sad news. Your Hobo looked so beautiful and full of fun. Many happy memories. I hope Amelia is OK.

Love from

Really sorry to hear about Basil :( Its bad enough to loose one pet let alone two so close together, I know how that one feels :( My thoughts are with you and your daughter Julie at this sad time :(

I'm so sorry, that's terrible. I haven't got anything useful to say, just that I'm sorry for your pain...

Losing pets really sucks. Period.

So sorry to hear of your recent loss of both Hobo and Basil. Losing one pet is bad enough, but two within days of one another must be absolutely awful :(

Back