• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please - grieving widowed bun

Lovely photos :love: litter training sometimes seems to go out the window with new territory and/or bonding so hopefully it will settle down. Having a litter tray there might not be what you want but it might be worth it if she is hell bent on using that spot. Otherwise, If it’s poops I’d keep sweeping them up, wee I would soak up with kitchen towels and neutralise the area with white vinegar/water mixed 50/50. You could put the poops and wee soaked kitchen towel in their litter tray so she gets the idea.
Thanks [emoji4] yes I imagine I'll have to cave and put a tray there if she doesn't change her mind soon! For now I'm doing as you suggest re. putting poos in the tray and using vinegar. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

First time viewing your thread. Massive congratulations on your stunning trio. Those photos are so beautiful.

Disaster!

Doris and Finx had a big fight out of the blue. Doris has to have a stitch in one bite [emoji24] It was going so well, no idea what happened.

Oh no :cry: I’m so sorry. Have you split them up? I hope Doris will be ok.
Yeah currently Doris and Pepper are in the indoor pen and Finx in the rest of the living room.

Finx has no broken skin just big chunks of fur pulled, but Doris has three bad bites and will need a stitch or two. Both been checked over by the (emergency, ouch) vets and sent home, wanted Doris to get over the shock first and go to be fixed up tomorrow. Bites have been flushed and cleaned and antibiotics and painkillers given plus fluids just in case.

I think D and P will need to go back outside [emoji3525] gutted for them but I can't trust them together and would need to start from scratch, not sure we can all go through that again!

Doris has since humped Pepper but she always used to do that, think she's just reasserting her status.

Stressful stuff, I didn't have time to think just jumped in to split them and didn't realise until after how fast my heart was going [emoji51]

Back