• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Wulfric

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
The (very screamy) Syrian hamster.

FNVzk9T.jpg

Wulfric has been here about a week now. In that time, we've upgraded him to a new Alaska cage, which he promptly escaped. We've escape-proofed it now though. Today was the first serious taming session, and he screamed through 80% of it, but no biting which is great. Once he calms down, I think Wulfie will be a lovely little guy.

The (very screamy) Syrian hamster.

FNVzk9T.jpg

Wulfric has been here about a week now. In that time, we've upgraded him to a new Alaska cage, which he promptly escaped. We've escape-proofed it now though. Today was the first serious taming session, and he screamed through 80% of it, but no biting which is great. Once he calms down, I think Wulfie will be a lovely little guy.
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Hamsters screaming makes me scream, which really doesn't help things [emoji38] Altho once it did make Gus stop and stare.. [emoji38]

He's so cute though :) I hope you can tame him

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Hamsters screaming makes me scream, which really doesn't help things [emoji38] Altho once it did make Gus stop and stare.. [emoji38]

He's so cute though :) I hope you can tame him

I'm sure he'll be fine given time. He yelled at me for a good 15 minutes, but by the end of the session he was just clicking and running over my hands. Hopefully after a few more he'll be fine.

Have to admit I'm just imagining you and him having a screaming match though! :lol:

I'm sure he'll be fine given time. He yelled at me for a good 15 minutes, but by the end of the session he was just clicking and running over my hands. Hopefully after a few more he'll be fine.

Have to admit I'm just imagining you and him having a screaming match though! [emoji38]
That's exactly what happened, he started screaming and he was my first hamster as an adult.. My other two I was 5 years old? Maybe? I can't remember much about it.. So I didn't even know hamsters could scream... And I was/still am really scared of hamsters.. And when he screamed, I screamed out of shock and my boyfriend ran in shouting what's happened! I think he thought Gus had hurt me or he was hurt and I was scared or something and he said it was so weird because we was just screaming at each other [emoji38] spoiler alert we are now best buds and Gus gets upset if he doesn't get to run around on our bed every night and he likes to nap on my chest [emoji38] was such a heart breaking sound though the first time I heard it, and high pitched to!

That sounds like really good progress tbh, took me months to hand feed Gus a treat without gloves [emoji38]

Thanks all. :) I'm glad we've got him, he's a little character.

That's exactly what happened, he started screaming and he was my first hamster as an adult.. My other two I was 5 years old? Maybe? I can't remember much about it.. So I didn't even know hamsters could scream... And I was/still am really scared of hamsters.. And when he screamed, I screamed out of shock and my boyfriend ran in shouting what's happened! I think he thought Gus had hurt me or he was hurt and I was scared or something and he said it was so weird because we was just screaming at each other [emoji38] spoiler alert we are now best buds and Gus gets upset if he doesn't get to run around on our bed every night and he likes to nap on my chest [emoji38] was such a heart breaking sound though the first time I heard it, and high pitched to!

That sounds like really good progress tbh, took me months to hand feed Gus a treat without gloves [emoji38]

Oh my goodness, that's brilliant! Well obviously not, but so glad that you're best buds now. He did bite me the other day though, but he'd escaped his new Alaska (now sorted) and we were trying to catch him. That was a "fun" day. But today it was all yelling. His scream is very different to Uraya's, who sound much more like a high-pitched buzz. Hamster screams make me laugh, because it is such a ridiculous (and often ridiculously loud) sound from such a tiny creature. OH is fairly new to hamsters, never had any as a kid, his sister had 2 which he had nothing to do with. He doesn't dare touch Wulfric yet. He's just like "yeah, I'll wait til you're done taming thanks."

Thanks all. :) I'm glad we've got him, he's a little character.

Oh my goodness, that's brilliant! Well obviously not, but so glad that you're best buds now. He did bite me the other day though, but he'd escaped his new Alaska (now sorted) and we were trying to catch him. That was a "fun" day. But today it was all yelling. His scream is very different to Uraya's, who sound much more like a high-pitched buzz. Hamster screams make me laugh, because it is such a ridiculous (and often ridiculously loud) sound from such a tiny creature. OH is fairly new to hamsters, never had any as a kid, his sister had 2 which he had nothing to do with. He doesn't dare touch Wulfric yet. He's just like "yeah, I'll wait til you're done taming thanks."

Yea exactly! It's so loud from a teeny little thing! [emoji38][emoji38]

Yea my boyfriend never had any before Gus and Cottonball are his first, well Gus is mine, Cottonball is his.. Although I still ended up doing the handling.. Meds... Feeding.. Cleaning.. Funny that! [emoji38]

I hope Wulfric accepts you soon, I'm sure with a bit of time and positive interaction he'll come around, syrian bites hurt like hell, that's one of my biggest fears with them [emoji38]

Back