• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Orion just wanted to make me panic, think hes ok now!!

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
all morning Orion has been quiet. no moving around. no going nuts. he's just been very quiet.

so, i am starting to panic. I'm thinking oh god, here we go again :(

i decide the ultimate test, fenugreek crunchies. if he's unwell, he won't want them........he comes dashing out, jumps on me and snatches the jar out of my hand sending them everywhere :lol:

he's currently throwing around baby cups. altho he doesn't seem himself. he seems a bit 'off', its the only way I can explain. not as enthusiastic?

I'm not sure if i should go for a vet visit and possibly stress him out or just monitor. he still has a nice bubbly tummy as I can hear. he's still accepting of food, altho I'm not sure if he's eating any hay. I need to get some more from outside, so I'm going to refill and see what happens.

not sure about output but i'll try and separate them to watch his poops.

he just keeps hiding in the igloo :( almost like he's frightened or something, but I can't think of anything.

im kinda stressing myself out, i'm not too sure what to do.

Last edited:
If he’s eating I’d monitor him and see how he’s going. He could be picking up on the fact you’ve not been well, or maybe he’s upset about the exercise bike? You know him so well I’m sure you will know if he needs the vet. Maybe see if you can book in for this evening just in case? Sending lots of vibes xx

I can no longer use my tumble drier because Fern stops eating if it’s on!

If he’s eating I’d monitor him and see how he’s going. He could be picking up on the fact you’ve not been well, or maybe he’s upset about the exercise bike? You know him so well I’m sure you will know if he needs the vet. Maybe see if you can book in for this evening just in case? Sending lots of vibes xx

I can no longer use my tumble drier because Fern stops eating if it’s on!

possibly the exercise bike, altho I did my best to try and condition him that its okay. I hid treats on it and spun it around while feeding him some pellet. if anything he just wants to investigate it and seems unbothered, even when in use. no stomps..hiding..if anything he's really curious.

I've offered some redigrass, which he doesn't want. he's got some fresh hay, which he's eating in the bag, altho not as much as I'd like. I did consider offering herbs..but I also wondered if its his teeth, in which case herbs wouldn't prove very conclusive at all :(

I have an appointment on monday for lunas vacs, I have some concerns about her too, so I might ask them to also give his mouth the once over if they can. if of course he gets worse or continues to go downhill, I'll take him today.

he just seems off. not as..happy? enthusiastic? its hard to put my finger on it.

either way I've separated him and Im considering waiting until..2:30? if he hasn't pooped I'll call the vet. that gives him 40 minutes to poop..which I should hope would happen? idk :(

well I think I've come to the conclusion, he was stressed and on edge about..something :?

I hadn't had the pet remedy plugged in as building work had finished, so it seemed kinda pointless. I kept two refills spare and the diffuser itself tho in case.

he seemed permanently on edge, I'd move and he was ready to run, the slightest noise from downstairs or the wind outside, he just wanted to panic. I think he was panicking.

I don't have any spray but I figured, just in case, I'd put the pet remedy in again in case it helps, I did that 20 minutes ago (roughly).

after about 5 minutes he seemed to visibly relax and stop caring. I moved and he didn't run, car started outside and he didn't bat an eyelid. since then he's drank a whole lot, and is now stuffing his face with readigrass and hasn't stopped. I'm fairly certain he's inhaling food more than anything else :lol: he also threw around multiple toys and cups, which is the usual 'Orion'

still no poops..but I'd say panic over? he's eating the readigrass and is drinking.

idk what stressed him out or put him on edge :( but I think I'll leave the diffuser in and let it run its course, and hope that he continues to stay calm.

Back