• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fav fruit and veggies?

:lol: Rabbit Lovers Anonymous :shock:

Picture the scene: *stands up* My name is Lynda, and I am addicted to rabbits :shock:

I have to confess to keeping it quiet that all the veg is for my bunny! I like to look healthy!!!!! :roll:
They did look at me suspiciously when I bought all the reduced parsley the other day!

Molly just loves FOOD - anything and everything !!!!

Well, when I say everything, they get Spring Greens, Kale, Cabbage leaves, Celery, Carrots, Brocolli, Sprouts and Cauliflower. They get fruit in limited quantity - apple, grapes, strawberry, pear. Molly needs a bib when eating grapes as she slurps that much :lol:

Rob likes herbs the best - basil, mint, rocket, parsley & coriander.

I had a complete 'wake up call' to bunnies diets when I first met Lynda :oops: Now my buns eat very little pellets (Science Selective), but get lots of fresh veggies and herbs, and lots of hay and supaforage. Rob gets a bowl of Readigrass when he ventures downstairs as it seems to upset Mollys tum (however, I'm sure once she realises he's eating, the big scary stairs won't look as bad :wink: )

Must try blueberries as a treat if buns seem to like them :)

Lynn said:
Molly just loves FOOD - anything and everything !!!!
'at's ma girl :wink:

Lynn said:
Molly needs a bib when eating grapes as she slurps that much :lol:
:shock: 'at's ma girl :roll:

Lynn said:
I had a complete 'wake up call' to bunnies diets when I first met Lynda :oops: Now my buns eat very little pellets (Science Selective), but get lots of fresh veggies and herbs, and lots of hay and supaforage.
'at's ma girl :oops: :lol:

:lol: Nah, she's Robs all Robs now - he loves his Molly girl now :wink:

Even grooms her back now :)

Are my buns the only bunnies that won't touch fruit? :?: They love curly kale, cabbage, sprouts, romaine lettuce, carrot tops, broccoli, cauliflower leaves etc... but put anything sweet in their bowl and it just gets left! :?

Mine are very fussy about fruit. As Andi says, Chips will eat grapes, but he'll pull faces. The others won't touch them. Cassidy will only eat melon when another bunny sniffs at it, and only then because she thinks they're going to steal it. They don't steal it, they hop off and leave it, and then she loses interest. Apple they like, blueberries they'll kill for. With strawberries I eat the fruit and just give them the tops as that seems to be the bit they like best. Banana gets mixed reviews.

bunnyhuggger said:
Lynn said:
Even grooms her back now :)

:shock: NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: He finally succumbed to her charms?

Yup :)

Still think he's 'top bun' so to speak, as Molly does most of the grooming, but he has been caught cleaning the inside of her ears :shock: (either that or he's just checking why they stick up the way rather than fall down :wink: )

I call them my snugglebuns now - Molly can often be found looking like she is wearing Robs ear, as she pushes her head right into his :)

my 3 LoVe grass and broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, strawberry tops, puha, watercress, bok choy, parsley. apple and pear, willow leaves and branches by the truck load :shock: dandelion.

I have heard they also like roses. Any one tried their buns on it?

They turn their noses up at grapes, cucumber and celery.

Me wonders if I should tie some fav food on a string on a stick and teach them how to walk on the lead :lol: But not a bad idea really!! Then we can advance to bunny jumping :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bronie

My lot don't seem to have a favourite as they all seem to eat all - least favourite I guess is brussel sprouts as some of them leave them till last, but still eat them.

This is what my bunnies get, usually at least four of five different ones each day:

Every day: Romaine Lettuce and Spring Greens
and at least two of the following:

Round Lettuce
Brussel Sprouts
Cucumber
Sweet Peppers
Spinach
Rocket Salad
Red Salad
Sugar Snap Peas
Broccoli
Swede
Parsnip
Carrot
Apple
Parsley
Basil
Corriander
Watercress
Fresh Grass (mine are house rabbits)
Curly Kale
Celery

I think this is about it... :roll:

Their pellet food is Science Selective and a tiny bit of a mix (that smells lovely of herbs, I think it is called something like Supa Rabbit Delux) in the morning as a treat.
Of course they get loads of hay (timothy rich hay)...

Vera

spring greens and celery chopped up are the main, plus carrot tops - yes v expensive from sainsburys but the ones on the market always look past it.
I try not to give carrot too often - i've tried substituting with swede and turnip but they get left - dont blame them :x !
tomatoes
broccoli
cauliflour
basil and mint are faves.
apple/orange as a treat, also like banana, pineapple.....
Really the only thing Blue turn's her nose up to are the swede and turnip.
I can find kale anywhere only the pre packaged stuff which I avoid.

Alan always moans they get a better dinner than he does :lol:

Hi

My buns love their fruit and veggies, go mad at feed time! They like: carrot, apple, celery, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, greens, tomatoes, strawberries and radish but not too keen on banana (upsets Princess' tum) and Amy absolutely loves raspberries, she will do anything for them! Got loadsa ideas off here now for some new veggies to try with them, thanks :)

They also have hutches full of hay, 2 are on Supa Excel, did try to put my older one on it but she won't eat it :( She only eats it out of your hand!! So going to give her the Burgess Rabbit Deluxe as looks yummy, and mix in some pellets to see whether she might eat them one day! Anybody else ever tried to switch and had problems as one day they eat it and one day they won't!?

Nicola

Ok Burgess super exel every day & fresh Timmy hay....

but faves are...

curly kale ( not on the leaf..must be chopped up! :lol: )
mange tout
runner beans
pak choi
cucumber
tomatoe
carrots of course!
baby corn

and his new found hard bread :lol:

Mubby said:
Ok Burgess super exel every day & fresh Timmy hay....

but faves are...

curly kale ( not on the leaf..must be chopped up! :lol: )
mange tout
runner beans
pak choi
cucumber
tomatoe
carrots of course!
baby corn

and his new found hard bread :lol:

Hi Nic - there have been a lot of suggestions that baby corn isn't good for buns, as they are about as good at digesting it as we are :? I used to feed Rob it, but stopped. Hope it's not a Mubster favourite as I don't want him falling out with me :wink:

Back