• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle and Beans (as requested by Craig)

They’re 20 weeks old on Saturday. Hormones have definitely kicked in! Litter training for poos has gone out of the window, although they are still weeing in the trays, it’s getting sprayed up the sides now. Definitely stinky teenagers!
There’s been a lot of humping and chasing this week, thankfully it’s all good natured at the moment. They take it in turns. They still snuggle up together to snooze though. Seeing the vet tomorrow to give them a health check and to discuss when to neuter them.

That's good that they have got to 20 weeks without fighting. Hopefully they never will.

That's good that they have got to 20 weeks without fighting. Hopefully they never will.
Touch wood, we’ve lots of chasing and humping but they still snuggle up together when they snooze and sit side by side to eat from the food bowl.
They had a trip to the vets today. She couldn’t find anything wrong with Pickle and he’s not had a reoccurrence of his diarrheoa, so she’s at a loss as to what caused it.
Discussed getting them neutered. She’d prefer them to be over 1kg and preferably 1.2kg. Beans is 925g and Pickle, who has always been slightly smaller is 910g. I’ve explained that I don’t think they’re going to get to 1.2kg as that’s quite big for a nethie, so We agreed I’d find out how big their parents are. Plan is to see how they get on over the next week to make sure that Pickle hasn’t had any more tummy troubles. I’ve just found out that Dad is 1kg and Mum is 1.1kg, so will probably get them booked in next week, depending on when the vet nurse who’s good with bunny anaesthesia and most experienced bunny vet can work together.

Back