Thread: Unhappy rabbit?

Default Unhappy rabbit?

The rabbits have moved 3 times in the last year, and have gone from indoor to outdoor. They all seem fine but I’m a bit worried about Jelly. She loves being outside, especially when I put her in the run on the grass, she binkies and seems to love it. She’s recently started digging in her run (attached to her hutch on old grass) I know rabbits dig so I’m not massively concerned and she’ll be moving onto concrete soon with a separate run on grass. I put her in her run on the new grass today and normally she eats and runs around but she keeps checking all the corners and pushing on the roof it’s like she wants to get out

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

Wise Old Thumper

Rabbits like to check on how secure a run is and look for weaknesses.

Is that normal and ok then? I’m going to give her some more space, get her a digging box and some levels that she can explore to hopefully keep her busy. I wonder if she’s bored

Wise Old Thumper

I think the one thing they spend most time doing is eating hay, then eating pellets, or grazing on grass if you have any. Lounging around is another of their past-times. Are you thinking of getting a friend?

She lives with 2 other rabbits she just always seems to be up to mischief recently but maybe that’s just her personality. As long as she’s happy that’s all that matters. They’re moving again (and for the last time) next week and they’ll have a shed so more space, I think she’ll like that