• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse This Afternoon :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
lh7W34m.jpg

zWAl5Gv.jpg

bAU6X9M.jpg

OZWuuZw.jpg

Qf43X1k.jpg

u4irTRq.jpg

cPNzCsB.jpg

AQRCoV6.jpg

:love:

Really dumb question, what is an assistance dog ?

For me he enables me to leave the house. He is a MH Assistance Dog I guess. Before he came in to my life I was almost housebound due to my MH problems. But now I can get out and I talk and interact with Morse all the time. If people approach us I do still freak out, but having the banner on his lead does make some people more respectful of my personal space and it also means some (but not all) other dog owners will call their dogs away if Morse is on lead.

He is off lead some of the time and plays with 'safe' dogs. But having the 'Assistance Dog' banner makes me feel safer when I am out. Morse has learned that when on lead he should ignore everyone but me. But when off lead he can play xx

Morse looks so happy. I am sure it is because of all the love he receives from you.
I see therapy/assistance dogs quite often. Most people are familiar with guiding dogs for blind, yet there are more dogs (and other animals too) that are used for people with trauma, PTSD, people with diabetes, autistic children, etc. As are guiding dogs for blind, these assistance/therapy animals are allowed to go inside stores, restaurant, and other places.

For me he enables me to leave the house. He is a MH Assistance Dog I guess. Before he came in to my life I was almost housebound due to my MH problems. But now I can get out and I talk and interact with Morse all the time. If people approach us I do still freak out, but having the banner on his lead does make some people more respectful of my personal space and it also means some (but not all) other dog owners will call their dogs away if Morse is on lead.

He is off lead some of the time and plays with 'safe' dogs. But having the 'Assistance Dog' banner makes me feel safer when I am out. Morse has learned that when on lead he should ignore everyone but me. But when off lead he can play xx

That's great.

I see different coloured signs on leads now. My friend had a white blind dog sign on her dogs body but people assumed she was blind. Her dog was blind.

That's great.

I see different coloured signs on leads now. My friend had a white blind dog sign on her dogs body but people assumed she was blind. Her dog was blind.

Oh wow, that's one I hadn't heard of. Jenna is my ESA and I have a badge and vest for her, but you'll still run into the kinds of people who think she's just a pet and they blow through the warning to prod her anyway. Infuriates me. :(

I'm so glad that Morse helps you so much, Jane. :love: What a special lad he is. :D xxxx

Back