• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's new climbing wall

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Freddie's already outgrown his cat tree (we knew it would happen, we just didn't know how fast it would be lol!) so we used a few pieces to put together a mini climbing wall for him.

The base and upper level of the tree were padded and reupholstered to make shelves (brackets from IKEA) and we made new brackets to mount the scratching pole.

I bribed him up with food but I'm sure he'll be flying up and down the shelves soon enough on his own! [emoji23]
29de4f51046baf6a7891733a8b5ddc0d.jpg
87ddfed94dbe35a8e4e94d8cece560d9.jpg
5c40830ed25643f9e0a8e77fbd01c335.jpg
028bf2ef3515584955d9ed58ddd8bb05.jpg
b543ea073f7127b16085127aaacfa0a1.jpg

That looks amazing ! Well done you, you would pay an absolute fortune to buy anything like that ! Lucky Freddie :thumb:

You did it, well done. :love:

I saw this amazing climbing kit for cats that goes outside your window. Fairly sure it was called catipillar.

That looks amazing ! Well done you, you would pay an absolute fortune to buy anything like that ! Lucky Freddie :thumb:
Thank you! You're right, we were looking at shelf kits and it was about £30 for one shelf. This lot cost about £20 (brackets, wadding and fabric). :)

The next project is an outdoor scratching post made from a traffic cone! [emoji23] I'm also on the lookout for branches and tree trunks to make some kind of outdoor climbing frame.

BYB, we've been looking at the catipilla systems, such a good idea but quite pricey. I would love one outside but the only place to put one would give Freddie a way out of the catproofed garden so that's out of the window lol! I've also seen wooden bridges made from log roll edging and I'm racking my brains to think of somewhere I can put one. [emoji23]

Oh wow...my two would give their tails for something like that. Too bad this isn't my house or I'd drill a few holes and at least get some shelves up. :D

What a handsome laddie! :love: Ah! His gaze is just stunning, what an awesome cat! :love:

I didn't look at the price but expected anything new and innovative to be expensive.
Yes, this is true. And, after all, they're in it to make money, not sell us crazy cat ladies stuff on the cheap! [emoji23][emoji23]

MimzMum, thank you. I'm sure he's getting more handsome by the day. [emoji7] His fur's getting quite long but it's so smooth that it doesn't really show until he's outside in the wind. [emoji23]

Back