Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonky Mouse's Pain Management Diary

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    This is something I've been very interested in, and plant-based nutrition generally. IIRC, a lot of nutrients are absorbed differently from plants and animals (a lot is to do with cell breakdown, GCSE Science tells you that plants have hard-walled cells, animals have soft-walled, as a basic intro). As humans evolved to eat a generally mixed diet, we absorb some things better from animals, some from plants. I would expect (but have no scientific evidence at all, mere speculation) that rabbits could absorb plant-based nutrients better generally, however they might be unable to absorb the 'extra' quantities needed given their propensity to be the sort of animal that's quite fragile, predated and breeds a lot :S
    that's very interesting , thanks

So in diary terms Mouse seems happy enough & eating well. Perhaps a little quicker to join the others at tea time - she often needs a nudge. She caught her back leg jumping in to the litter tray earlier. Not seen her do this before(she was v excited running off with her cookie before the others got a whiff). I wouldn't say its too significant yet but access to litter trays is something I'm keeping my eye on anyway

Interesting!

Got this book from a charity shop. Let's see was Dr Gaz has to say and if I can learn anything to report back

https://m.alibris.co.uk/search/books..._source=Google

It his hooman based but will see

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

I don't buy treats but made an exception for these which contain Omega 3 & have the bonus of being really good for adding metacam dose too

[IMG][/IMG]

Metacam wise I'm now trying Mousey on a week of metacam , 3 days off then on again. Joey is keeping up with the massages.

Does anyone know where I can get a plastic dog bed without ventilation (pee) holes in the base/

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I don't buy treats but made an exception for these which contain Omega 3 & have the bonus of being really good for adding metacam dose too

[IMG][/IMG]

Metacam wise I'm now trying Mousey on a week of metacam , 3 days off then on again. Joey is keeping up with the massages.

Does anyone know where I can get a plastic dog bed without ventilation (pee) holes in the base/
    Where did you buy them from? I can't see what they are called. Look at Mousey little squishy face

Bam & Charlie

Those glucosamine biccies are rick solid. Got a brand new pack and they are like concrete. Must hurt crunching them up

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

I often see them in charity shops. There's some on Ebay too, eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUT...p4EGdMQfqXw1aQ

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Those glucosamine biccies are rick solid. Got a brand new pack and they are like concrete. Must hurt crunching them up

I know. I have to break mouseys up most of the time. The treats are from pets@home. I doubt they work, they say for healthy skin & coat. Mousey won't take anything by syringe without manhandling so they are handy for that

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I often see them in charity shops. There's some on Ebay too, eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUT...p4EGdMQfqXw1aQ
    thank you

Aww no advice ,but vibes for lovely Mousey.