Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wonky Mouse's Pain Management Diary

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    What can they eat that has protein in it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Thanks so much everyone.

I'm not sure is she likes metacam or the crackers it is administered on.

JJ- she was rescued as an adult (by police in tiny guinea pig cage - her mum had fatal drug overdose which I have to say whilst sad was probably a blessing for Mouse). She was then adopted for a good while but returned to Camp Nibble when owner chose to rent next home that wouldn't accept pets. I adopted her 4.5 years ago, back then she was guesstimated to be 3-4ys. So 8 years? I feel her bad start is more significant than her age. She is pretty agrophobic, never really exercises for the fun of it. Exercises even less now she hasn't got Boo chasing her about. The only real difference nowadays is she doesn't jump on stuff ...she never won any awards for jumping but she did used to do a bit.

When I adopted her she was 3k which Hannah from CN thought was overweight. She did have a big belly but has always felt bony along her spine. I got her down to 2.8 which my vets felt was a happy weight for her, she is now 2.6 despite a good few months of trying to make her gain. I like the protein idea but no idea what rabbits can eat thats high in protein. Are pea flakes? I guess the most likely protein wild buns would eat would be seeds. Are seeds ok for buns?

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. Pellet feeds have different protein levels. Pellets for growing/breeding Rabbits have a higher protein content than those for Adult Rabbits

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/r...comparison.asp

Readigrass has a higher protein content to hay and different varieties of hays have different protein contents

https://www.sbhayandfeed.com/nutriti...ous-hay-types/
    Last edited by Jack's-Jane; 24-08-2019 at 05:03 AM.

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

I somehow managed to miss this thread really interesting to see how Mouse has improved.

Thanks Joey and boo for your advice via PM. I went to CJ Halls yesterday to get both of my buns checked up. Zigzag has been prescribed 0.45 twice a day of metacam, as the vet also thought he had arthritis after doing some prodding and testing. I feel awful that Zigs is in so much pain

I was hoping (and wishing!), for a miraculous recovery overnight, but hes quite subdued. I assume that the impact of when and if the medication takes effect differs from one bun to the next.
    Last edited by Zigzag; 24-08-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Sorry, I missed this yesterday. Pellet feeds have different protein levels. Pellets for growing/breeding Rabbits have a higher protein content than those for Adult Rabbits

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/r...comparison.asp

Readigrass has a higher protein content to hay and different varieties of hays have different protein contents

https://www.sbhayandfeed.com/nutriti...ous-hay-types/
    Thanks JJ - google showed me the rabbit house - good site I'm stealing ideas from

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag View Post
    I somehow managed to miss this thread really interesting to see how Mouse has improved.

Thanks Joey and boo for your advice via PM. I went to CJ Halls yesterday to get both of my buns checked up. Zigzag has been prescribed 0.45 twice a day of metacam, as the vet also thought he had arthritis after doing some prodding and testing. I feel awful that Zigs is in so much pain

I was hoping (and wishing!), for a miraculous recovery overnight, but he’s quite subdued. I assume that the impact of when and if the medication takes effect differs from one bun to the next.
    Vibes for Zigzag. I'm sure the metacam will help him feel better & with that get him moving more

Mouse is obviously having a good few days. She & Rudey got to go out yesterday & she spent a lot of time mooching about rather than just hiding in the bothy.

I was being too slow lacing her treat with metacam this morning & both she & Rudey got in to a very excited frenzy leading to Mouse attempting to hump Rudey
    It was a peculiar display, like a crooked crab launching from the side & doing the neck biting thing I'm very pleased she thinks she is up to this kind of shenanigans. Rudey did garden & house binkies yesterday.

The power of oats?

Just for my records

So in terms of environment, Mouse really likes boxes to snooze but they are not great for her mobility so access has to be restricted. She has had access to the stove the past few days & seemed in heaven lying in front of it yesterday. Recently I've noticed that when I throw the lounge in to chaos each morning by moving furniture etc so I can clean their floor covers & change litter tray they remain really active til its sorted. If I move everything but don't clean it up for an hour, thats a fair amount of time Mouse spends bumbling about when she'd normally be resting

Mouse isnt bumbling surely she is supervising?

I've made Mousey fat trying to feed Rudey up 2.9 - 3 is her happy weight as far as I'm concerned, she recently reached that. Tuck shop withdrawn since & she has still gained an extra 100g. I need to put her on a mini diet then maintain at 2.9 as the extra blubber will not be good for her arthritis

I've made Mousey fat trying to feed Rudey up 2.9 - 3 is her happy weight as far as I'm concerned, she recently reached that. Tuck shop withdrawn since & she has still gained an extra 100g. I need to put her on a mini diet then maintain at 2.9 as the extra blubber will not be good for her arthritis
    Awwwwwww 'blubber' !!

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

The power of oats?
    Ha ha XD Evidently! I always wonder where Aboleth gets it from because she's never had oats since she's been here ;P
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.