• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wonky Mouse's Pain Management Diary

Oh yes.....oh yes.....oh yes.....oh.....oh.....that's the spot......right there.....
Utterly wonderful. Rudey knows the exact spot.:love:

I have only just found this thread. Had not realised Mouse had these troubles. Bertie sends lots of love.

I have only just found this thread. Had not realised Mouse had these troubles. Bertie sends lots of love.

Awww thanks Bertie, right back at you with the love, Mouseypie x

She is actually looking more wonky than ever though seems v content

Mousey had another review on Monday. She has had metacam increased a little. She saw Ruth (who was fab :love:). Commented on her dodgy all over the place toes. She has very little strength in her back legs & her front ones "not right" either. I guess this explains why her movement is clumsy. She also has mites. I feel bad for not noticing & for assuming her love of having her back groomed (by human or bunny) was to do with her arthritis but more likely its cos she's been feeling all itchy.

Anyway she is a good weight (neither too fat or thin) & seems happy. Currently lounging in front of the fire with her man. squeak snoring away

Mousey had another review on Monday. She has had metacam increased a little. She saw Ruth (who was fab :love:). Commented on her dodgy all over the place toes. She has very little strength in her back legs & her front ones "not right" either. I guess this explains why her movement is clumsy. She also has mites. I feel bad for not noticing & for assuming her love of having her back groomed (by human or bunny) was to do with her arthritis but more likely its cos she's been feeling all itchy.

Anyway she is a good weight (neither too fat or thin) & seems happy. Currently lounging in front of the fire with her man. squeak snoring away

Awww I hope that the increased Metacam will help her feel more comfy. It sounds as though she remains in relatively good spirits and the fact that she's not losing weight is good news :)

Awww I hope that the increased Metacam will help her feel more comfy. It sounds as though she remains in relatively good spirits and the fact that she's not losing weight is good news :)

Thanks JJ. She had lost a little weight but now back at happy weight. She has a big imaginary birthday coming up later in the month

Well done Mouse on maintaining your weight. I hope the metacam will keep her comfortable. Please don't beat yourself up about the mites. From the description I wouldn't have picked up on it and would have assumed the back rubs were soothing the arthritis.

Fudgie sends her lots of nose bumps from a fellow squeak snorer. xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Well done Mouse on maintaining your weight. I hope the metacam will keep her comfortable. Please don't beat yourself up about the mites. From the description I wouldn't have picked up on it and would have assumed the back rubs were soothing the arthritis.

Fudgie sends her lots of nose bumps from a fellow squeak snorer. xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks Scrappy. I'm pleased to hear your Fudgie is a squeak snorer too:love:

Back