• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wonky Mouse's Pain Management Diary

This is something I've been very interested in, and plant-based nutrition generally. IIRC, a lot of nutrients are absorbed differently from plants and animals (a lot is to do with cell breakdown, GCSE Science tells you that plants have hard-walled cells, animals have soft-walled, as a basic intro). As humans evolved to eat a generally mixed diet, we absorb some things better from animals, some from plants. I would expect (but have no scientific evidence at all, mere speculation) that rabbits could absorb plant-based nutrients better generally, however they might be unable to absorb the 'extra' quantities needed given their propensity to be the sort of animal that's quite fragile, predated and breeds a lot :S

that's very interesting , thanks

So in diary terms Mouse seems happy enough & eating well. Perhaps a little quicker to join the others at tea time - she often needs a nudge. She caught her back leg jumping in to the litter tray earlier. Not seen her do this before(she was v excited running off with her cookie before the others got a whiff). I wouldn't say its too significant yet but access to litter trays is something I'm keeping my eye on anyway

I don't buy treats but made an exception for these which contain Omega 3 & have the bonus of being really good for adding metacam dose too

cCDFOBRl.jpg

Metacam wise I'm now trying Mousey on a week of metacam , 3 days off then on again. Joey is keeping up with the massages.

Does anyone know where I can get a plastic dog bed without ventilation (pee) holes in the base/

I don't buy treats but made an exception for these which contain Omega 3 & have the bonus of being really good for adding metacam dose too

cCDFOBRl.jpg
[/IMG]

Metacam wise I'm now trying Mousey on a week of metacam , 3 days off then on again. Joey is keeping up with the massages.

Does anyone know where I can get a plastic dog bed without ventilation (pee) holes in the base/
Where did you buy them from? I can't see what they are called. Look at Mousey little squishy face

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Those glucosamine biccies are rick solid. Got a brand new pack and they are like concrete. Must hurt crunching them up

cCDFOBRl.jpg
[/IMG]

I often see them in charity shops. There's some on Ebay too, eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DU...hash=item4ad3332f01:m:msqKqMOTvp4EGdMQfqXw1aQ

Those glucosamine biccies are rick solid. Got a brand new pack and they are like concrete. Must hurt crunching them up

I know. I have to break mouseys up most of the time. The treats are from pets@home. I doubt they work, they say for healthy skin & coat. Mousey won't take anything by syringe without manhandling so they are handy for that

Update :) Mouse has been on daily metacam for about 4 months. She had her review at Crab Lane today. Bloods done on site (very quickly) & all values within normal range apart from her calcium which is very slightly raised. Good girl mousey - you've earned yourself another nice bottle of metacam.

She is still on the skinny side though.

Aww bless her,she doesn't look too upset.:love: Unlike my wee budgie Echo who screeches his protests in his shoe box on the bus on the way to the vets.He's being treated for mites ,three doses so far .Final check up (hopefully) on sixth Sept.:)

Last edited:
Aww bless her,she doesn't look too upset.:love: Unlike my wee budgie Echo who screeches his protests in his shoe box on the bus on the way to the vets.He's being treated for mites ,three doses so far .Final check up (hopefully) on sixth Sept.:)

He, he. I bet you get loads of people gawping at you to see whats screeching . I hope Echo gets on well with his last dose & no more bus humiliations for you

Got him another little plastic perch swing pal budgie...he looks at it funny then batters the f.... out of it.:lol:

Aww well done little Mousey. I think you've earned yourself some bunny cookies, better tell the hoomans to get in the kitchen and start cooking!

Btw, I think she looks very indignant at being burritoed!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Update :) Mouse has been on daily metacam for about 4 months. She had her review at Crab Lane today. Bloods done on site (very quickly) & all values within normal range apart from her calcium which is very slightly raised. Good girl mousey - you've earned yourself another nice bottle of metacam.

She is still on the skinny side though.

Well done Mouseypie :D I hope your Mummy is satisfied with, what looks to me like, a very proficient burrito. Mouse certainly looks very happy with it.

it was lovely to see her burritoed :love: She definitely was calmer once wrapped. I guess the VN's burrito all the time as they do it for syringe feeding.

Met a lovely pair of rescue bunnies in reception, also seeing Helen

Back