• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Depocillin and lack of appetite?

We can hear him breathing across the room. His eye has gone crusty again, I can feel hes lost more weight, a considerably amount. Tbh I think I am being unfair to him. Hes 10 yrs old, he just wants to cuddle Stan, he doesnt want all my interventions, weve done 6weeks of prodding him, catching him, I know hes a placid boy but he must be sick of it.

Today hes not moved out of their overnight area. I just dont think I can give him enough to get him through and maybe he doesnt want to get through, maybe hes had enough

We can hear him breathing across the room. His eye has gone crusty again, I can feel hes lost more weight, a considerably amount. Tbh I think I am being unfair to him. Hes 10 yrs old, he just wants to cuddle Stan, he doesnt want all my interventions, weve done 6weeks of prodding him, catching him, I know hes a placid boy but he must be sick of it.

Today hes not moved out of their overnight area. I just dont think I can give him enough to get him through and maybe he doesnt want to get through, maybe hes had enough

I am sorry that he is not really improving. You are the only one in a position to judge when 'enough is enough' as you know him better than anyone. I know that you will do whatever is in his best interests. Sending more vibes and hugs xx

I’m sorry to hear he’s not doing better :cry: I’m sure that you will do what’s best for him, as always, whatever that is. No one could have done any more for him than you. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Weve let him go. Stan was with him.

Nothing more to say really, he was ready to go.

So Stan is now our last bunny, last of a line of rescue rabbits that started when our daughter wanted a rabbit aged 5 and when she was 8 we gave in and rescued 2.

Our Ozzie was left in a cage with his dead brother for a number of days before being rescued. He came to live with us and Twinkle our REW. Then Stan arrived and we had a trio. After loosing Twinkle the 2 boys just loved each other. So Ozzie had a wife and a husband in the years we had him.

My little black and white vienna boy. Run free Ozzie Bozie. xx

I'm so so sorry to hear this, you have a done a very unselfish thing making this decision for little Ozzie. It's so hard to see them suffer, but even harder to let them go. You did everything possible to help him, he's at peace now bless him. Run free Ozzie xx big hugs for you, and a gentle nose rub for Stan xxx

Weve let him go. Stan was with him.

Nothing more to say really, he was ready to go.

So Stan is now our last bunny, last of a line of rescue rabbits that started when our daughter wanted a rabbit aged 5 and when she was 8 we gave in and rescued 2.

Our Ozzie was left in a cage with his dead brother for a number of days before being rescued. He came to live with us and Twinkle our REW. Then Stan arrived and we had a trio. After loosing Twinkle the 2 boys just loved each other. So Ozzie had a wife and a husband in the years we had him.

My little black and white vienna boy. Run free Ozzie Bozie. xx

I am so sorry :cry: You have given Ozzie the final act of love and compassion, even though doing so has no doubt been heartbreaking for you

RIP Ozzie xx

Sorry everyone...

So Ozzie is on daily depocillin injections and I have managed 3 days in a row now. He officially started last Tuesday but I missed a couple of days in the middle.

He weighs 2.5k and is on 0.35 daily.

He also has loxicom daily

Today I am struggling to get him to eat, hes left his pellet mush. so today hes had a little bit of celery leaf, a bit of garden weed, maybe as big as your thumb nail. 2 thumb nail pieces of pear. I have made some critical care and hes had 4 syringes full.

He trys a bit sometimes then just stops.

I just wonder... on the days I didnt manage to jab him he ate more pellets mush. Could the jabs be too often?
dear madcatwoman,-please review this website,- http://www.medirabbit.com dr.esther vanpragg is tops in the field of lagamorphs,-sincerely james waller from across the great pond usa

I'm sorry I'm late seeing this & reading your update. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sweet dreams Ozzie xx

Sorry for the loss of Ozzie, it sounds like you did your very best for him and made a very tough decision xx

I am so sorry to read this. Ozzie had a special life with you filled with love and happiness.
Binkey free little Ozzie. xx

Back