• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rabbits

We put them upstairs, see if they can work out how to get down then they won't have aproblem going back up.

Pip is almost using it. They know what they need to do, they're just scared. The place they lived at the RSPCA had steps down rather than a ramp.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They are beautiful, welcome to RU, bunnies :wave: I'm sure they'll soon settle in, and be up and down that ramp in a blink :D

They're still being very stubborn about using the ramp, it's starting to become a concern.

We are both at work tomorrow, so the choice (if they haven't started using the ramp) is leave two large rabbits trapped in their hutch, or leave them trapped in their run with no access to their bedding area

They're still being very stubborn about using the ramp, it's starting to become a concern.

We are both at work tomorrow, so the choice (if they haven't started using the ramp) is leave two large rabbits trapped in their hutch, or leave them trapped in their run with no access to their bedding area

I think I'd leave them in the bedding area, atleast they're safe and warm, then it's up to them what they do [emoji38] I'm sure they'll come around :)

I wouldn’t be concerned, it’s very early days. I’ll take a photo of one of my hutches that we adapted to steps, incase you do want to do that. I just don’t like ramps, so this was a gentler way of having a two storey home.

I wouldn’t be concerned, it’s very early days. I’ll take a photo of one of my hutches that we adapted to steps, incase you do want to do that. I just don’t like ramps, so this was a gentler way of having a two storey home.

+1. don't worry.

they will prob like some time alone to get used to things.

and yes, i think bunnies slightly prefer to hop up steps rather than go up a slope.

Thanks all, Pip has mastered it and was up and down a few times before I left for work this morning.

I'll still look at adding steps, for them

Thanks all, Pip has mastered it and was up and down a few times before I left for work this morning.

I'll still look at adding steps, for them

That’s good, I’m sure Lola will get the idea by watching Pip :thumb:

That’s good, I’m sure Lola will get the idea by watching Pip :thumb:
Hopefully, although the RSPCA did say Lola is lazy and rarely left their living area.

Hopefully having a hutch and run of her very own without lots of strangers smells and noises and people might help her relax

That would be great, thanks

Lola was upstairs when I got home, I doubt she's moved.

Pip seems to be getting more confident, but the ramp might be too slippery for her, even with the grips.

They did let me take some more photos though, and Lola came over for strokes
5a26b9c3d079b4ce7370199739f2c9c4.jpg
7dabf8c955ef16b09cf7f2f2f9743c45.jpg
9fef2198e664d267ed1a77be5e28bd02.jpg
ce3137d202d621c193805b56abe6859a.jpg
86d4cdbd3f4b8ad1db9fbff85e4fc5de.jpg
39798637ab5164995e750a4118cc6c2a.jpg

They are lovely rabbits and I am sure once they have got used to the ramp they will be up and down like a pair of monkeys :lol:

I agree with tonibun and Zoobec and think that they will both be using the ramp soon. They are lovely rabbits :love:

So it's been a bit of a hectic couple of weeks, our son was born last Monday and as you can imagine since then it has been a whirlwind of visitors, midwives, health visitors, family, friends, midnight feeds and dirty nappies.

I managed to get Lola into her carry case this morning and move her downstairs, I've just finished cleaning them out, and Lola has so far made it to the top of their new steps before turning around and going back downstairs.

Hopefully she will be getting the hang of them before too long

Congratulations on your new arrival!

One of my bunnies was reluctant to use the ramp at first but she was keener to try going up than she was coming back down.

You could pop a tray with some hay and a water bowl downstairs, just so they have access to the essentials no matter which floor they're on.

I don't have photos to hand as it was a long while ago but I used one of the bendable wooden log bridges at the top of the ramp & it seemed to help with them getting down, maybe because the opening wasn't so open and felt more secure.

So it's been a bit of a hectic couple of weeks, our son was born last Monday and as you can imagine since then it has been a whirlwind of visitors, midwives, health visitors, family, friends, midnight feeds and dirty nappies.

I managed to get Lola into her carry case this morning and move her downstairs, I've just finished cleaning them out, and Lola has so far made it to the top of their new steps before turning around and going back downstairs.

Hopefully she will be getting the hang of them before too long

congratulations!

Back