• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rabbits

zarathustra

Warren Scout
Me and the wife had our home visit from the RSPCA today and everything went ok.

We can't pick the ladies up this weekend as we are away for the bank holiday, so we are hoping to arrange to collect them the weekend after next.

The lucky ladies are a mother and daughter pair.

Lola is the mum and is estimated to be about 5 years old and came to the RSPCA as a rescue.

Pip is the daughter and was born at the rescue and is about 10 months old.

They are both larger than our boys were (both about 3.75lbs), but the RSPCA did say that they were a bit over weight.

Lola is quite nervous/timid and apparently has a history of lunging, although she hadn't done it for a while when we went to see them.

Hopefully they will relax a bit when they have settled into their new home and we can spend plenty of time getting to know them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Congratulations on passing the home check! Sounds like Lola and Pip are going to be very happy in their new home.

We are collecting the lucky ladies on Sunday.

Just need to get things like straw and hay and bowls etc

And a large carry case.

We have rabbits, they are in the run below their hutch and we've left them to have a look around and checkout their new accommodation.

Will get some photos later, hopefully they will workout how the ramp works, and how the tunnel works

Lola and pip.

They seem ok, I've looked them back in the run under the hutch, I'm hoping they will get used to the ramp, I'm not sure if they e ever seen one before, but their bedding area etc is all upstairs, so if they won't use the ramp I'm not sure what to do.

I've left some kale going up the ramp to try and entice them up, if they don't go up today I will try putting a brick under the end of the ramp to try and reduce the angle a bit.
90d10ff2b1809d4cec7a442b46f38483.jpg
fd6be97a50c192ae48447563bd214736.jpg

They’re so cute! I’m sure they’ll go up once they’re a bit more settled
Hopefully.

They have been munching some hay, but I e not seen any drinking and there haven't been any poos as far as I can see.

Pip has done a couple of happy hops for us and they love the tunnel

Beautiful rabbits :love:
Looks like they have a great space and they're very lucky to be in a lovely home with you! I'm sure they will settle soon. Can't wait for more picture updates!

Thanks all, if they haven't ventured up the ladder by tonight I might put them upstairs before we go to bed, just so I know they have somewhere to sleep etc.

I know it's not ideal, but they're happy enough to pop I to their carry case and then be shuttled upstairs.

If they continue not to get it then I'll look at some sort of steps, maybe some bricks up to the top of their wooden cottage, then maybe one level of bricks on half of the roof and it shouldn't be too difficult for them to hop up.

Then I can look at a more permanent solution.

If you can put a brick under the bottom of the ramp that will make the pitch of the ramp less steep, that might entice them to try it out :thumb:

Back