• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bolt 24/5/2011 - 9/4/2019 and Scamp 12/2/2012 - 13/4/2019

Stiglet

Young Bun
I’m not sure where to even start.
On Tuesday we lost our beautiful girl Bolt (8yrs) with no warning or understanding of why. She was absolutely fine on Monday to suddenly being limp and lethargic on Tuesday. I held her in my arms as she took her last breath.
This morning I noticed our other rabbit Scamp (7yrs) had become quieter and had stopped eating. We took him to the vets but sadly he passed away whilst we were on our way home. They adopted each other and being apart was just too much for poor Scamp to deal with.
We were so lucky to have not one but two amazing rabbits. Their characters were so different but yet they were perfect together.

Bolt was a small but confident mini lop. When she was younger she constantly hopped around with one ear up whilst the other was down by her side. She was known to chase large cats out of the garden and would always come running if my daughter (her mummy) would call her. She was forever either grooming herself or her beloved Scamp.

Scamp was a typical mischievous boy but at the same time he was scared of his own shadow! If there was something or somewhere he shouldn’t be, he’d be there. I’m not actually sure he ever groomed himself, even if Bolt was asleep, he’d hop over and push his head underneath hers until she woke up and started to clean him. He followed Bolt around everywhere and would hide behind her when scared, even though she was a lot smaller than he was! If you dared to stop giving him nose rubs before he was ready, he would constantly throw his head at your hand until you carried on.

Our hearts are broken, they were our first pets as a family. Bolt was my daughter’s best friend and Tuesday was so hard to deal with but having Scamp helped us all so much. Watching him sleep today was heartbreaking. The only positive is that they are both together again. 11 months ago I also lost my Mum very suddenly so this past year has been full of sadness already for us.

I hope they now forever hop free with my Mum by their side, in the sunshine, surrounded by dandelions. Forever they will be missed x

23dcf87b2d51a4979c62b853a08ca247.jpg
ee1d7cdd2c4e78ed0e1d55d13e09d819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm so very sorry to read your post, what an awful week you've had, losing both of your beloved bunnies. I'm also sorry to hear that you lost your mum to, this past year. The photos of your bunnies are just beautiful, I'm sure they had an amazing life with you and your family, and knew how much they were loved. Hugs to you and your family xxxx

I'm so sorry. The photos are lovely and I hope that you'll be able to treasure and take comfort from memories of these clearly much loved rabbits.

Back