• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit friendly garden

Doogalsmam

New Kit
Hi everyone, I'm new here and was looking for some advice. I've recently adopted a rabbit from a rescue and he is a house rabbit however he has had all his vaccinations so he can go out in garden. I have a small yard that is well enclosed with a raised flower bed around the border however it is empty at the minute. I was looking for any advice as to which flowers I can plant that are rabbit friendly if he decided to have a nibble while still making garden look pretty in summer?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and was looking for some advice. I've recently adopted a rabbit from a rescue and he is a house rabbit however he has had all his vaccinations so he can go out in garden. I have a small yard that is well enclosed with a raised flower bed around the border however it is empty at the minute. I was looking for any advice as to which flowers I can plant that are rabbit friendly if he decided to have a nibble while still making garden look pretty in summer?
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

I am not an expert (that is forum member Omi's job) however I do have raised beds too.

Are you looking for a pretty flower bed or a fully edible bunny buffet?

In my garden I have marigold pot (that's the only one that is safe for bunnies) I grow from seed and is easy. Fuschias are ok. I also have corn flower, cone flowers, chamomile, lavender, sunflowers and knap weed.

But generally mine is more bunny buffet being mostly what I would buy as forage for example ribwort plantain, strawberry leafs, lemon balm, dill, and yarrow etc

I bought all my seeds from Galens Garden and the flowers from Mr Fothergill

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi thank you for reply I've had a look at the flowers and they're ideal! I like the wild meadow kind of look so it's a great combination and I pulled everything out from previous years to start from scratch so I'm thinking a mix of both flowers and herbs and things. What can I put in soil to encourage foraging?

Hi, I had loads of them in garden and I pulled them all out! Lol oh well, at least I can plant more, they spread like wildfire too so don't have to plant as much lol

Hi thank you for reply I've had a look at the flowers and they're ideal! I like the wild meadow kind of look so it's a great combination and I pulled everything out from previous years to start from scratch so I'm thinking a mix of both flowers and herbs and things. What can I put in soil to encourage foraging?
These are the ones i use
https://galensgarden.co.uk/shop/meadow-seed-mixes/
https://galensgarden.co.uk/shop/herb-seeds/
They are very good! I would add a few bunny faves such as plantain and dandies for sure

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the links, I'm going to place an order, I've been looking for an all rabbit friendly mix ready to go so they're perfect! :)

Back