• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits are at risk of dying out

How very sad. :cry: I never knew most of these species existed. This one in particular caught my eye due to my location. How tragic. :(

No purebred Columbia Basin pygmy rabbit kits have been produced in the captive breeding program since 2005 and the last purebred Columbia Basin pygmy rabbit in captivity died on August 18, 2008.

I'm on my phone so can't paste the photo but it's such a cute wee bub...or rather it was. :(

It's very sad. :(

We have species of cottontail rabbits where I live (Florida) including eastern cottontail rabbits, swamp rabbits and the marsh rabbit and its subspecies. All very unique. Unfortunately the Lower Keys marsh rabbit is endangered :( It's the smallest of marsh rabbits and it only lives in the Keys. Free roaming cats are one of the major threats to its existence. It'll probably go extinct in the near future if more conservation efforts don't take place.

Back