• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roofing suggestions?

ChallinL

New Kit
I have 3 large puppy pens that I can attach together to make a really big run for bunnies. At the moment I only use them when there's someone around to keep an eye on them as there is no roof, but I am thinking of making them a more permanent run and putting lots of fun things in there for the buns. I'm not sure whether there is anything I could use as a roof to keep predators out though, especially as ideally it would need to something that I could remove when I wanted to go inside the run - does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi :wave:

What kind of puppy pens are they? We have some for indoor use, but i wouldn't trust them to be secure or stable enough for unsupervised use outside.

For one of our wooden outdoor runs we did make some roof panels from large wood panels which we covered with felt, but they did block out a bit too much light. I'd say its better to have a regular run which comes with a top, but others might have some suggestions x

I agree. The usual puppy pens are not heavy enough. Some rabbits find them easy to move, so a predator would have no problem. Best to pay a bit and get a well-made run with a top.

okay, thanks all.They do also have 2 proper runs so I'll stick with those for now. The puppy pens are heavy duty ones and they would be supported on two sides by the bunny kennel and garden fence, but it's not worth the risk.

Back