• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I cut down on my Rabbit Waste? - U?Date 08.04

Do they ever even declare what kind of wood goes into those wood based cat litters? Aren't they just compressed sawdust?
I'm not sure, but I stopped using the pets at home wood litter because when they peed on it, it broke up and got dusty. I use the back 2 nature paper pellets now, they're great :)

I use equine pine wood litter pellets for my cats. Never used it for bunnies before. But it's safe, not dusty at all, smells nice, you can compost it, and it's very lightweight.

Much cheaper than cat wood litter pellets even though they're the same thing. 40 lbs only costs about $5.

I'm not sure, but I stopped using the pets at home wood litter because when they peed on it, it broke up and got dusty. I use the back 2 nature paper pellets now, they're great :)

Me saying I use fully washable stuff for the piggies is actually a total lie. I've just remembered that I also do a litter tray with Back 2 Nature in it!

Me saying I use fully washable stuff for the piggies is actually a total lie. I've just remembered that I also do a litter tray with Back 2 Nature in it!
[emoji38][emoji38]

Piggies aren't big chewers are they? I've seen people say they use mainly fleece liners and stuff, seems to work really well :)

Can you litter train piggies?

Guinea pigs tend to be messy creatures and not litter trainable in general, although mine tend to have a preferred spot to nest in, so that is where the worst of the toileting happens.

Do they ever even declare what kind of wood goes into those wood based cat litters? Aren't they just compressed sawdust?
The wood pellets you mean or the clumping kind?

I used to use the pellets for our other cat but they seemed to have quite a strong wood smell (much like woodshavings) so I always wondered whether it would be just as risky. Not to mention that the pellets break down when they get wet so you end up with dust and a difficult job splitting the wet from dry because you need to sieve the whole lot.

We use this now (for the cat, not rabbits) https://www.catsbest.eu/catsbest_en/products/original/ It doesn't really say what it's made from (just that it's wood fibres & a by-product). There's no smell to it though and the wet parts are easier to remove and throw away.

Graciee, we feed a huge range of raw food. Nature's Menu Country Hunter, Natural Instinct, Nutriment, Paleo Ridge, Kiezebrink. (sorry for being totally off topic Tonibun!)

[emoji38][emoji38]

Piggies aren't big chewers are they? I've seen people say they use mainly fleece liners and stuff, seems to work really well :)

Can you litter train piggies?

Nah, they aren't litter trained. They just use the litter tray a bit to munch hay in, and coincedentally poo at the same time. :lol:

But it's a small amount of waste compared to what I used to have. Just a lot of washing!

Nah, they aren't litter trained. They just use the litter tray a bit to munch hay in, and coincedentally poo at the same time. [emoji38]

But it's a small amount of waste compared to what I used to have. Just a lot of washing!

Ah I see! Yea I bet [emoji38][emoji38] very zero waste of you ;)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

40 black bags were taken away last Friday by someone I have known for a few years so come Sunday I went to the tip with about 10 bags. M was on the gate so couldn't help me but C did help and he has been there for years and knows me. There were just 4 bags to be put into the skip when C said to me, leave them there as he wanted to go and chat to some folk he knew. N said you've left some bags there so I said C said to leave them. N said C isn't the boss, did you think he was? I said No. He said I am the boss and anyway you are holding people up. So I got into the car and drove away. Now I can't put up with this attitude every week tbc

40 black bags were taken away last Friday by someone I have known for a few years so come Sunday I went to the tip with about 10 bags. M was on the gate so couldn't help me but C did help and he has been there for years and knows me. There were just 4 bags to be put into the skip when C said to me, leave them there as he wanted to go and chat to some folk he knew. N said you've left some bags there so I said C said to leave them. N said C isn't the boss, did you think he was? I said No. He said I am the boss and anyway you are holding people up. So I got into the car and drove away. Now I can't put up with this attitude every week tbc

Geez, that's really not warranted for him to be reminding you who's boss. I couldn't put up with that either. Sounds like he's got power issues or something. Doesn't seem like a big deal that a few bags were left on the ground for a few minutes. :?

Geez, that's really not warranted for him to be reminding you who's boss. I couldn't put up with that either. Sounds like he's got power issues or something. Doesn't seem like a big deal that a few bags were left on the ground for a few minutes. :?

I agree! I tried Megazorb a few years ago but didn't like it and it was quite dusty so I am using a small layer of shavings covered by a thin layer of newspaper. Don't want to use shavings but I shan't be going to that tip for a while. The other tip is 15 miles away and you have to reverse into a space, something I don't find easy anymore.

Just been to the tip and M helped me. I told him what N said last week and apparently N is having problems at home. So I am back on track for now. :thumb:

Just been to the tip and M helped me. I told him what N said last week and apparently N is having problems at home. So I am back on track for now. :thumb:
How old is N? [emoji38][emoji38]

Idk everyone has stuff going on, no need to be that unnecessarily rude tho [emoji38]

Back