• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eye licking..

slob1231

Warren Scout
Hiya everyone... Okay so the bonding of Coco and Skye is still a little wobbly because obviously we had to wait until Coco was fully over his 6 weeks of being neutured but thats all done now, I'm a little concerned about when they are out together, I wasn't concerned before but i posted a photo of them both on a facebook bunny page and got told off because they were sat facing eachother with their noses literally close and she said that I shouldn't let them sit like that because they could end up hurting one or another eye... I didn't put them like that for a photo they ended up like that together and i thought it was sweet (my husband was sat cm away from them!) So I'm wary now because Skye always goes for Cocos eye to lick it then starts nibbling and Coco jumps back... she's a licker anyway lol and he always puts his head down for her but never grooms her in return (cheeky!) Should i be worried or are they okay?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Hiya everyone... Okay so the bonding of Coco and Skye is still a little wobbly because obviously we had to wait until Coco was fully over his 6 weeks of being neutured but thats all done now, I'm a little concerned about when they are out together, I wasn't concerned before but i posted a photo of them both on a facebook bunny page and got told off because they were sat facing eachother with their noses literally close and she said that I shouldn't let them sit like that because they could end up hurting one or another eye... I didn't put them like that for a photo they ended up like that together and i thought it was sweet (my husband was sat cm away from them!) So I'm wary now because Skye always goes for Cocos eye to lick it then starts nibbling and Coco jumps back... she's a licker anyway lol and he always puts his head down for her but never grooms her in return (cheeky!) Should i be worried or are they okay?

Without actually being able to see the interaction it's impossible to be 100% certain what was going on, but bonding Rabbits often involves them being face to face. One Rabbit grooming the other is a good sign. Can you post the photo on here or you could PM me a link to the FB Group and I'll see if I can view the image on there.

Sure heres the photos
83aa8d798bbd61ac9666db1cf86b5253.jpg
4b5b08b483b542ca58c54f38536e0b4e.jpg
274013a324840f9fc68528ddcbaf9c5b.jpg

I'm no expert but looks okay to me? One of mine was a eye licker until the bond settled down, how long have they been together? Do they chase each other? Is there any humping?

Chasing yes, no humping and they've been out together on many occasions but because Coco had been neutered i didnt let them stay together because skye hasnt been done so wanted to avoid babies etc and he was quite boisterous but hes calmed down now and he has no more babies to give lol so I haven't put them in the cage together because what the woman said about the eyes [emoji849]

I'm no expert, but here's my take - Henry spends hours licking wifebun Lillian and loves nothing better than a good old eye lick. It's his favorite spot. Eyes, nose ears. Don't ask me why he loves the eyes but he does. Lillian puts up with it! And they've been bonded for a year. Lillian will also lick Henry's eyes although she's a bit reserved on the grooming. So I would say, that as long as they are happy and there's no sign or evidence of fighting or biting, then you're good. Happy contented bunnies. Just what we all love. :love:

I'm no expert, but here's my take - Henry spends hours licking wifebun Lillian and loves nothing better than a good old eye lick. It's his favorite spot. Eyes, nose ears. Don't ask me why he loves the eyes but he does. Lillian puts up with it! And they've been bonded for a year. Lillian will also lick Henry's eyes although she's a bit reserved on the grooming. So I would say, that as long as they are happy and there's no sign or evidence of fighting or biting, then you're good. Happy contented bunnies. Just what we all love. :love:
Thank you.. i hate when people make me feel like im doin things wrong! They are very good together some chasing sometimes but lots of loves and licks lol

Back