• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick Question

bs189

New Kit
Hi,
My rabbit comes indoors in the early winter months and goes back out in spring, he is usually back outside by now however with all the change in the weather I haven’t moved him. I was looking to put him back out this weekend but I’m not sure whether it is still too cold- he would have plenty of hay/straw to keep him warm. Just worried about the obvious temperature change if it is still too cold. Do you think he would cope now with the current weather?

Personally, if it were me, I would wait till the nighttime temperature warms up so that there isn’t so much of a temperature difference.

How warm is he used to indoors? I have read that a difference of 10 degrees is ok, over that and maybe you are risking it. I think it's also going to get a bit colder this coming week.

Hi,
My rabbit comes indoors in the early winter months and goes back out in spring, he is usually back outside by now however with all the change in the weather I haven’t moved him. I was looking to put him back out this weekend but I’m not sure whether it is still too cold- he would have plenty of hay/straw to keep him warm. Just worried about the obvious temperature change if it is still too cold. Do you think he would cope now with the current weather?

It's certainly getting warmer here, but it depends on where you are and if you can get ahold of a longer range weather forecast.
If in doubt then keep him indoors a bit longer. Have you got your heating on?

A rabbit friend is the best thing to keep him warm :love:

We don’t usually have the heating that high but the night time temperatures were the main thing making me hold off, so will wait a bit longer then, thanks guys:)

Back