• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making a large run more fun.

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

For a long time now our trio have had a huge run (12ftx6ft & 3ft high) but not very much in it!

We've put their old hutch inside, left open, which they like to sit on top of and a few boxes and chew toys.

I don't have a huge budget, but I'm sure there's more that could be done.

Any ideas? :) Thanks x

Last edited:
Back when I had outdoor bunnies, I put an old hutch in the middle of the run, with an open ended runaround tunnel in it leading from hutch onto floor of run. They loved it, my half wildies loved to run up the outside of the runaround tunnel and leap on top of the hutch :shock: :lol:

I love this idea https://www.saveafluff.co.uk/housing-photos#lg=1&slide=76
Have you looked in the housing sticky, there might be some inspiration there. How about a dig box?

Could you put together some long long square tubes with two by four and attach them to the side of the run with ramps at the corners and little resting areas half way up the night of the run. You could even leave off the sides of a few so they could see outside. Just an idea as Iv never had outside rabbits.

We have sticks, a hideyhole/sit-on plastic thing in our little run, and I want to put more levels in the tall dog crate but still haven't got around to it, and now the wrens look to be nesting next to it again :roll: :lol: I've always wanted lots of levels because Lopsy loves being up as high as he can get!

Any cardboard boxes they love playing in. I always get a few when I go to the supermarket for mr rabbits to play in. Also any piping they can run through. I went to a builders yard and got some off cuts of bits of piping they had that my buns could get through - they love it!

Thank you both :)

I've been looking at outdoor cat trees, as I'd definitely like to create some height in there. I can't justify buying one though, so I'm thinking of making something.

I'm lucky I have an endless supply of boxes at work, jayne :). The thing is I want to be able to leave things out and the run roof does leak when it's wet! x

If they don’t chew plastic you could get a tall large storage box and put smaller cardboard boxes inside it which they can chew hide in and rearrange. I’m going to use a large storage box to make a big diggie box which doesn’t trail paper cardboard soil ect all over the house.

How big are your buns.
May be easyer and cheeped to run tubing around the run at a height rather then making the long tubes from wood I mentioned before and the tubing would be waterproof

Back