• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawthorn has Arrived

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.........and Endeavour is one happy Bunny :D :love:

A1SzI9G.jpg

Does he work his way down the twig, removing all the leaves first? Mine do :)

It's strange, as we have lots of different areas of Hawthorn in different parts of the garden. Some of it is fairly well advanced with leaves and yet some is only at the bud stage. It doesn't seem to be related to how much sunshine it gets either, so I reckon it must be down to a slightly different genetic make-up.

Aww :love:

There’s a hawthorn tree in the wood, it’s looking really old and starting to rot in places, a branch came off in the wind, but I was really pleased when I noticed it’s got leaves coming through, when I had a look this morning, I’d thought it was dead!

Mine too! Matt discovered the council had cleared a not-usually-harvested patch of hawthorn the other day that wasn't quite 'ready' but the buns were happy!

It's strange, as we have lots of different areas of Hawthorn in different parts of the garden. Some of it is fairly well advanced with leaves and yet some is only at the bud stage. It doesn't seem to be related to how much sunshine it gets either, so I reckon it must be down to a slightly different genetic make-up.

I thought this too. Most Hawthorn is only just budding here but I did get my first mini haul 3 weeks ago.

Yes and he usually has the all too enthusiastic assistance of a certain 'I am not fat, it's all genetic' Aoife !!

In the ARC Cali/NZW FB Group many of the Buns are now signed up to weight watchers, your Tui's Mummy is on the verge of having to do so too.

Really it's true that the Cali/NZWs weight gain issues are 'genetic', given that they were all 'Meat Rabbits' and thus from a line of breeding that makes them genetically predisposed to rapid and easy weight gain. They were not bred to have long happy healthy lives :cry: Just to be someone's dinner ASAP :cry:

Back