• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on Yoshi - Yoshi has been pts. Devastated 😢

bunnylover4

Warren Scout
UPDATE YOSHI HAS BEEN PTS -sadly the meds didn't work and yoshi couldn't get better so we made the sad decision to pts. He couldn't get up at all.
Original post
So Yoshi is still struggling with arthritis but deterating . We had the lump checked that was on the front leg and it’s a cyst which they aren’t concerned about but his back left leg doesn’t seem to want to work . Today he seemed to be really struggling not even able to stand without falling to the side but despite it he was still chattering happily when fussed and eating etc but we took him to the vets thinking his time was up. However the vet gave him a good examination and although he has muscle wastage there doesn’t appear to be anything physically wrong with his legs or back apart from the arthritis so the vet wanted to try a stronger pain relief to try and help him getting moving. She said he was too bright to be pts and it was worth this as a last attempt. They didn’t want to X-ray as they didn’t want him stressed with being in the vets. Yoshi let her move his legs etc without flinching to the point she suspected paralysis... but they she did a another test and he responded. We brought him home and got him a new soft waterproof bed as he is having accidents . We also got a heat pack and were showed how to do gentle massage but where he isn’t moving his poos are getting smaller. He has also dropped weight from 2.2kg to 1.98 in two weeks. He is eating and drinking but I don’t think he is showing signs of improvement . He is booked in vets tomorrow morning for either another strong pain medication or to pts. It’s breaking my heart. 😢😢

Last edited:
So Yoshi is still struggling with arthritis but deterating . We had the lump checked that was on the front leg and it’s a cyst which they aren’t concerned about but his back left leg doesn’t seem to want to work . Today he seemed to be really struggling not even able to stand without falling to the side but despite it he was still chattering happily when fussed and eating etc but we took him to the vets thinking his time was up. However the vet gave him a good examination and although he has muscle wastage there doesn’t appear to be anything physically wrong with his legs or back apart from the arthritis so the vet wanted to try a stronger pain relief to try and help him getting moving. She said he was too bright to be pts and it was worth this as a last attempt. They didn’t want to X-ray as they didn’t want him stressed with being in the vets. Yoshi let her move his legs etc without flinching to the point she suspected paralysis... but they she did a another test and he responded. We brought him home and got him a new soft waterproof bed as he is having accidents . We also got a heat pack and were showed how to do gentle massage but where he isn’t moving his poos are getting smaller. He has also dropped weight from 2.2kg to 1.98 in two weeks. He is eating and drinking but I don’t think he is showing signs of improvement . He is booked in vets tomorrow morning for either another strong pain medication or to pts. It’s breaking my heart. ����

Sending Yoshi many many comforting vibes and many supportive hugs for you xxx

Sending Yoshi many many comforting vibes and many supportive hugs for you xxx

Thank you. I hope you are well. I always value your honest opinion as your advice saved many of my buns in the past . Just wondering if You have any ideas .... I tried pm you but it doesn’t let me. I haven’t been on here much so don’t know if that’s the reason ��. I am so worried about my dear Yoshi. He was our first bunny

Poor baby. Lots of vibes. I hope his vet has something to suggest tomorrow. Will be thinking of you xx

Thank you. I hope you are well. I always value your honest opinion as your advice saved many of my buns in the past . Just wondering if You have any ideas .... I tried pm you but it doesn’t let me. I haven’t been on here much so don’t know if that’s the reason ��. I am so worried about my dear Yoshi. He was our first bunny

i think you are the only person in the position to accurately assess Yoshi's quality of life, if 'good' times still exceed 'bad' times. If he copes with any hands on care he needs. If he is on heavy duty analgesia that may have an impact on his renal function, which may already be compromised due to age. But if that were the case he would be unlikely to be eating well, he'd be lethargic and drinking and weeing a lot. He'd be losing a lot of weight. You will do what is 'right' for Yoshi, even if that means having to let him go. No-one but the main caregiver, with support from a trusted Bunny Savvy Vet, is able to make that judgement call

((((((Hugs))))))) xx

So Yoshi is still struggling with arthritis but deterating . We had the lump checked that was on the front leg and it’s a cyst which they aren’t concerned about but his back left leg doesn’t seem to want to work . Today he seemed to be really struggling not even able to stand without falling to the side but despite it he was still chattering happily when fussed and eating etc but we took him to the vets thinking his time was up. However the vet gave him a good examination and although he has muscle wastage there doesn’t appear to be anything physically wrong with his legs or back apart from the arthritis so the vet wanted to try a stronger pain relief to try and help him getting moving. She said he was too bright to be pts and it was worth this as a last attempt. They didn’t want to X-ray as they didn’t want him stressed with being in the vets. Yoshi let her move his legs etc without flinching to the point she suspected paralysis... but they she did a another test and he responded. We brought him home and got him a new soft waterproof bed as he is having accidents . We also got a heat pack and were showed how to do gentle massage but where he isn’t moving his poos are getting smaller. He has also dropped weight from 2.2kg to 1.98 in two weeks. He is eating and drinking but I don’t think he is showing signs of improvement . He is booked in vets tomorrow morning for either another strong pain medication or to pts. It’s breaking my heart. 😢😢

I am so sorry to read this :(

Sending vibes for Yoshi and hugs for you x

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope Yoshi’s vet visit gives some answeres and they can do some thing to help. Sending lots of Yoshi vibes and hugs for you x

Back