• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A little love for Snowy

I am pleased that they are starting to eat more and it's more positive and yes I know exactly what you mean about them causing stress. But it's in a way that we promote. We have to give them our hearts and we pay a price for that.

Oh absolutely and I wouldn't have it any other way. But they certainly know how to send my anxiety levels through the roof :lol:

This rabbit, honestly! So after her dental and starting eating, she then slowed down again and I had to see the vet last Friday. The vet thought her tongue was probably still sore, so gave her some more gut medicine and Metacam. She started eating the next day :roll:

Fast forward to today and she's not opening her left eye properly, almost like she's squinting. It doesn't look sore and it's not weeping, she just appears to be closing it more than usual whilst the other is open. I've bathed it, to her ultimate disapproval, and if it's still the same in the morning looks like it'll be another vet trip for the third week in a row :roll: :lol:

This rabbit, honestly! So after her dental and starting eating, she then slowed down again and I had to see the vet last Friday. The vet thought her tongue was probably still sore, so gave her some more gut medicine and Metacam. She started eating the next day :roll:

Fast forward to today and she's not opening her left eye properly, almost like she's squinting. It doesn't look sore and it's not weeping, she just appears to be closing it more than usual whilst the other is open. I've bathed it, to her ultimate disapproval, and if it's still the same in the morning looks like it'll be another vet trip for the third week in a row :roll: :lol:

Poor girlie, I hope her eye problem is nothing too serious. Good luck at the Vets. Sending lots of vibes x

PS- Vibes for your Bank balance too................:?

I am sorry to hear your bunny now has a new issue. In January my Gemini had a dental and eight days after his dental (and only days after he was back to eating/drinking well) he developed eye nystagmus, a wobbly hop, and a head tilt from what was determined to be an ear infection. It was suggested by RU friends and my vet that the dental/anesthesia and stress may have temporarily impacted his immune system. Gemini recovered with antibiotics and supportive care. I am sending vibes that your bunny will have a full recovery from her eye/tongue issue too.

Last edited:
Back