• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A little love for Snowy

nap91

Mama Doe
She’s had a watery eye for a couple of weeks so she saw the vet asap, who thought it might be her fur aggravating her eye. She checked her teeth and there were slight spurs but nothing of concern. We gave her a hair cut but her eye hasn’t improved so we are off to see the vet again on Friday (sooner if it gets worse) but it’s the first one available with the rabbit savvy vet at our practice.
I’ve got a strong suspicion it’s her teeth as she had them done a little over a year ago so it was expected to have them redone at some stage, which I do worry about even though I know she’ll be in safe hands. She had a fight with Phillip this morning so I know something is up because they’ve been so close recently.

Here she is feeling sorry for herself this morning

1c7e87c09cd09a10b0d6fe9d3ecb3abc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
She’s had a watery eye for a couple of weeks so she saw the vet asap, who thought it might be her fur aggravating her eye. She checked her teeth and there were slight spurs but nothing of concern. We gave her a hair cut but her eye hasn’t improved so we are off to see the vet again on Friday (sooner if it gets worse) but it’s the first one available with the rabbit savvy vet at our practice.
I’ve got a strong suspicion it’s her teeth as she had them done a little over a year ago so it was expected to have them redone at some stage, which I do worry about even though I know she’ll be in safe hands. She had a fight with Philip this morning so I know something is up because they’ve been so close recently.

Here she is feeling sorry for herself this morning

1c7e87c09cd09a10b0d6fe9d3ecb3abc.jpg

Awww no .. Sending love to her and hugs for you xx

Just seen the vet and Snowy's spurs haven't got any worse since last time but her tongue is looking a little sore now.
My wonderful vet isn't usually in on Monday but by chance she is next week and she's moved her entire morning around so she can operate on Snowy, which is great.
The not so great news is that it won't be covered by her insurance as she had her first dental within the first two weeks of her insurance being taken out last year, even though her teeth hadn't been a problem when we took the policy out, which is very frustrating.
Oh well, will do anything for her, so will of course pay it anyway.
Hoping she will come through the dental ok, as I do worry about her!

Just seen the vet and Snowy's spurs haven't got any worse since last time but her tongue is looking a little sore now.
My wonderful vet isn't usually in on Monday but by chance she is next week and she's moved her entire morning around so she can operate on Snowy, which is great.
The not so great news is that it won't be covered by her insurance as she had her first dental within the first two weeks of her insurance being taken out last year, even though her teeth hadn't been a problem when we took the policy out, which is very frustrating.
Oh well, will do anything for her, so will of course pay it anyway.
Hoping she will come through the dental ok, as I do worry about her!

Ah no, hope she's ok the little sweetie pie x

Thank you, she’s doing ok just a little grumpy. The vet said I can feed her a little of Phillip’s metacam so that’s taking the edge off til Monday.

Here she is today

fab75881b9d8e906d6ab3059306fbf01.jpg

8ff45869008fd67d32021357279bd334.jpg

Aww, Snowy, it's OK to be grumpy with your pesky teeth :( I hope that the Metacam helps. Great that your vet can do the dental herself on Monday. You'll feel a bit less anxious in that case, although it's always pretty scary when they need an op.

Sending your adorable Snowy (and Phillip) some positive vibes. It is wonderful your vet was so accommodating with scheduling Snowy's dental.

Thank you, she’s doing ok just a little grumpy. The vet said I can feed her a little of Phillip’s metacam so that’s taking the edge off til Monday.

Here she is today

fab75881b9d8e906d6ab3059306fbf01.jpg

8ff45869008fd67d32021357279bd334.jpg

Aww poor Snowy. I hope the Metacam helps until those pesky teeth can be sorted :)

Back