• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A little love for Snowy

I'm pleased that Snowy is now back home with you. Sending lots of vibes for her recovery. I hope she feels a lot better soon.

I am sure she as glad to be home as you are to have her home. My small bunnies need some extra time to feel better after anesthesia too.

Just dropping by to ask if Snowy had a comfortable night and if she has some input and output now. Sending more vibes too x

She ate a little parsley last night and went to the toilet. I put her on the bed and we snuggled for a while which she seems to enjoy and was purring :love:

This morning she’s refusing most foods still, apart from parsley, but I have just caught her nibbling on some hay and forage. Pleased with that as it usually takes her days to start eating anything again so this is progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad she’s making progress, it can be a slow job, topping up the vibes for her xx

Only problem now is that Phillip has decided to join in on the action and refuse food! :lol: honestly these rabbits. Going to pop home from work at lunch and check them both.

Only problem now is that Phillip has decided to join in on the action and refuse food! :lol: honestly these rabbits. Going to pop home from work at lunch and check them both.

Oh dear :shock: perhaps he wanted waitress service too ;) :lol: Frosty has yet to have a dental since bonding with Fern so I might be in the same situation. Sending vibes for Philip too xx

Hopefully both Snowy and Phillip will be stuffing their faces when you get home. They can be such a worry. Love the name Phillip for a rabbit by the way!! x

And having Pets is meant to help with reducing our stress......................... :? Hmmmmmmmmm, dont think many Rabbits have read that rule !

Hopefully they will both be eating and pooping well when you go home to check on them xx

Pleased to report this morning that both bunnies are a bit more active and both nibbling on food. They’re both still being a bit picky about what they eat but at least they’re eating.

I will mention at Phillip’s appointment with John in several weeks time but I do wonder if him being like this was caused by Snowy’s dental. He was away from her the whole day, then once she was back he obviously knew something was wrong - he didn’t mount her like he had the last few days, washed her watering eyes and was just generally considerate towards her. It’s almost like the whole thing has stressed him out!

I’m so glad they both seem better :love: I can imagine it would have stressed him out with her having all the veterinary procedures done.

Pleased to report this morning that both bunnies are a bit more active and both nibbling on food. They’re both still being a bit picky about what they eat but at least they’re eating.

I will mention at Phillip’s appointment with John in several weeks time but I do wonder if him being like this was caused by Snowy’s dental. He was away from her the whole day, then once she was back he obviously knew something was wrong - he didn’t mount her like he had the last few days, washed her watering eyes and was just generally considerate towards her. It’s almost like the whole thing has stressed him out!

You may be onto something. I was impressed that Phillip was so attentive to Snowy after her procedure.

I am pleased that they are starting to eat more and it's more positive and yes I know exactly what you mean about them causing stress. But it's in a way that we promote. We have to give them our hearts and we pay a price for that.

Back