• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Endeavour + Dara- Final Update

Sending both bunnies lots of vibes :love: What is Endeavour suffering with? Symptoms? What medication has he received so far?
Where has the kit come from and how has she become separated from mum at such a young age? What are her symptoms? Is she eating/drinking? x

For personal reasons I am unable to go into full details about the specifics of any of my Rabbit's ailments/ treatments these days. Tamsin and some of the Mods know why.

This thread was merely asking for some support, but perhaps it is better that I no longer do so on here as it seems some people find it annoying. I did not intend that to happen or to appear to be just attention seeking

As a final update, Endeavour is much more comfortable now

Dara has started to eat for herself, she is just on hay for now

SRx2WrK.jpg

All treatment given to all my Rabbits is always done under the supervision of a qualified Vet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so pleased to see this update :love:

Sending loads of full recovery vibes for Endeavour. It's a relief that he feels more comfortable and I hope that his improvement continues.

Dara is adorable :love: It's wonderful to hear that she is still with us and indeed eating a little for herself. Keep going tiny one.

If I were you I would continue to ask for support for both your rabbits and yourself as and when you feel you need it and if you need to do so without providing details, then in my view that is your choice. It has been very evident from this thread that there are many forum members who understand this situation and who want to be able to offer you their support regardless. I would suggest that if anyone gets 'annoyed' by the lack of detail, then it would be preferable if they chose not to post, rather than run the risk of making a stressful situation even more stressful. Indeed, in my experience there are many instances, both currently and in the past, where members ask for support, either for their animals or for themselves, without providing details.

Nobody has said that they found it annoying or that you're attention seeking. I don't think it's helpful for there to be any more discussion about what 'those who find it annoying' should do so any further references to that aspect will be removed. Any concerns can be reported to us so that we can deal with them appropriately rather than on thread.

It's fine for anybody to post as much or as little detail on thread as they choose, but people probably feel that they're able to offer more constructive advice if they have even just a general idea of the problem. That's not necessarily a bad thing but of course it's personal choice whether or not to provide the info.

As far as I can see, no one is annoyed at the lack of details, people tend to ask for more to see if they can help though, same with all threads on the forum - it's just such a friendly and helpful community :)

Nobody has said that they found it annoying or that you're attention seeking. I don't think it's helpful for there to be any more discussion about what 'those who find it annoying' should do so any further references to that aspect will be removed. Any concerns can be reported to us so that we can deal with them appropriately rather than on thread.

It's fine for anybody to post as much or as little detail on thread as they choose, but people probably feel that they're able to offer more constructive advice if they have even just a general idea of the problem. That's not necessarily a bad thing but of course it's personal choice whether or not to provide the info.

Ah we kinda cross posted there Karen! I agree though :)

As far as I can see, no one is annoyed at the lack of details, people tend to ask for more to see if they can help though, same with all threads on the forum - it's just such a friendly and helpful community :)

This :thumb:

I’m glad Endeavour is feeling more comfortable now, and that Dara is eating for herself now. Topping up the vibes for them both :thumb:

So pleased that both bunnies have made some improvement. It must have been an exhausting weekend for you so I hope you can get some rest now. I love the photo of Dara with her hay. Take care and lots of love from Bertie and I.

I'm so pleased there is good news to start the week.
Dara does look very comfortable and bright in the pic.

It sounds as though they are both making good progress, which is excellent news.
I don't think you need to post that all treatment is under the supervision of a qualified vet.

Glad to read that they are both getting better. Dara looks really bright in the recent photo :love: Topping up the vibes for both of them xxx

100% this :thumb:

This was my intention completely. Rather than just offer 'vibes'...I also wanted to be able to offer more specific advice or help as I was genuinely concerned for the bunnies...so asked for what I felt were pretty standard questions in order to do this.

I know that when I have had very poorly bunnies (Adam and his flystrike last year for example), the knowledge, advice and support I received from this forum community was amazing and really supported me through what was a very traumatic time. People asked me questions about the rabbits and advised based on the information I gave ...it was a wonderfully powerful support network. :love:

I was more surprised at the suggestion that a mere 2 of us were "annoyed" at Jane's post, to be honest, when clearly we were just asking for more details in order to help. I'm glad that the mods agree that we were not in fact "annoyed" in the slightest, so where this suggestion has come from is rather baffling.

If you were referring to my post, Jane, I wasn't asking for "full details" about the specific nature of your rabbits' problems, but just an overview, i.e. "stasis" would have sufficed in order that we could perhaps give some tips based on personal experience like I said in my post; we weren't asking for anything other than that. I don't understand why you feel the need to be so secretive about what is ailing the rabbits - we all post what's wrong (blimey, I write a book!) so I don't see why you can't.

As for the kit, we are all genuinely interested as to how you have happened across her, she's gorgeous! Did someone give her to you because they couldn't cope, or did you find her somewhere? If it's the former, then that's lovely that you're known as the "rabbit lady" and that someone would give you a kit, especially a poorly one, in order to make it better. I would be so proud of that I'd shout it from the rooftops, not be secretive about it and all cloak and dagger. But if that's how you want to play it, then that's your prerogative I guess.

Glad to hear their both improving, I hope this continues and they are both back to normal soon xx

Jane,

I haven’t been around here lately so I’m so sorry I haven’t been able to offer support.

I always think of you and your fur family.

I’m sorry Endeavour has been poorly but pleased to hear he’s improving.

And Dara - what a surprise to see her, she’s such a little sweetie xx

Back