• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dear Snoopy,

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
you've been running through my mind a lot recently, although truth be told you'll never be forgotten.
you were my first bunny, and you'll always hold an extremely special place in my heart.
you taught me how to be a bun mom, you really did. in the best ways and worst possible. it was a rocky start, I was young, and I made a lot of mistakes. but you really showed me the ropes. you were the kindest and most gentle rabbit, perfect for somebody who had no idea what they were doing.
you touched the hearts of many, and its a shame you had to leave so soon.
you taught me what to do, you left me with more knowledge. in the worst possible way you threw me into the deep end with your teeth issues. but it taught me so much. you were an excellent patient. you always took your medication, you always took your food from the syringe. you showed me what to do. I wish I could have done more.
you caused me to join a rabbit forum, in desperate search of help for you. little did I know I would still be there, two years later. I've met some wonderful people, people who have stood by me, picked me up, and supported me. I know many of them loved you there. I know many of them still do miss you like I do.
you taught me so many things, how to care for a bunny with dental issues, what to do, what not to do, how to deal with stasis, medications, hand feeding. you've left me with valuable knowledge which I have been able to pass onto others, and my other rabbits. you've helped me care for Luna, you've helped open my eye; should that I ever have a bunny like you again, I'd know what to do.
I wish I could have done more, I wish I could apply what I know now, maybe it could have saved you. there's so many things I could have done, but I didn't know at the time. but you taught me, you taught me what to do.
I miss you, I always will. I am sure Luna misses you too, you helped her in so many ways I am sure you are unaware of. she is blind, you were her guide bun.
things will never be the same, but I knew it was time. those eyes, that look, you were miserable.
I just hope you know I did it out of love, and you died loved. you died, in my arms, hopefully hearing the sound of my breaking voice whispering sweet nothings, and Luna right next to you.
I still have your ashes, in a beautiful little blue box. I don't think I'll ever be able to scatter them. maybe I will put them inside of a necklace or a ring, I loved those, and you loved to try and pull them off.
I love you little one, I always will. you will forever be remembered.
I am sure, you are there, having the time of your life at the rainbow bridge. and when the fateful day comes, Luna will come to join you. I am sure that she will tell you all about Orion. he is a funny character, but he is not you. and some day, he will join you all too, and I hope you can all live in harmony.
some day I will join you, but it is not time yet. I have much to do, many bunnies and animals to eventually rescue and leave my mark here, just as you left your huge mark in the short two years.
love, Momma.

untitled_by_sunflowersncj-dd23eeg.png

I'm so sorry that you had to let your lovely Snoopy go, but this such a lovely tribute. They leave such a big hole in our hearts when they have to leave us, don't they. Big hugs for you BC xxx

This is a very moving and very heartfelt tribute that really highlghts the special bond that you shared with Snoopy. Sending you hugs xx

thank you all xx

its been hard, soemtimes he sits in my mind constantly and its like this huge overwhelming sadness. othertimes he sits in my mind but instead its overwhelming happiness.

I don't think he'll truly ever leave my memory x

Snoopy was clearly a well loved bunny. Thinking of you as you remember him. I think if my late bunny, Spenser, every day. xx

Snoopy was clearly a well loved bunny. Thinking of you as you remember him. I think if my late bunny, Spenser, every day. xx

Back