• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Suspected EC

She is still off her food this morning (eating herbs but not much else). She wolfed down her meds with usual gusto though.
I have some new wheels arriving on Monday as a last ditch attempt to make this wheelchair work. I'm hoping that her mood will improve if she can get about but I'm not holding my breath and honestly wondering if it's even fair on her to make her wait until Monday.
I've emailed the vet about the cost of putting her to sleep at home vs at the clinic.
I'm sat at my desk crying.

I'm really sorry you're both going through this. i don't know what to advise other than follow your heart xx

She is still off her food this morning (eating herbs but not much else). She wolfed down her meds with usual gusto though.
I have some new wheels arriving on Monday as a last ditch attempt to make this wheelchair work. I'm hoping that her mood will improve if she can get about but I'm not holding my breath and honestly wondering if it's even fair on her to make her wait until Monday.
I've emailed the vet about the cost of putting her to sleep at home vs at the clinic.
I'm sat at my desk crying.

:cry:

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) xx

Unexpected huge pickup in mood this morning. Shes back to eating and being generally very perky. Her legs have lost their ragdoll thing and she has shown really good signs in huge stretches of her feet lasting several seconds and she pushed her left leg against me earlier.
She's also holding herself straight rather than flopping to the side so she's staying much cleaner and drier.

I was so set to have her put to sleep tomorrow but I'm at least giving this wheelchair a go now that she seems so much better emotionally.

Unexpected huge pickup in mood this morning. Shes back to eating and being generally very perky. Her legs have lost their ragdoll thing and she has shown really good signs in huge stretches of her feet lasting several seconds and she pushed her left leg against me earlier.
She's also holding herself straight rather than flopping to the side so she's staying much cleaner and drier.

I was so set to have her put to sleep tomorrow but I'm at least giving this wheelchair a go now that she seems so much better emotionally.

I really hope that things continue to improve for her x

e701cd315286fe4259972a4500624935.jpg

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou to everyone for the continued support.

Hope she continues to improve, it's amazing how tough bunnies are. All the best to you both xx

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

pretty floppy in the right leg today. No stretching on either side and she's back to flopping on to her right which means she's getting wetter again but I'm very much getting used to the up and down nature of this. She seems pretty perky in herself still (eating properly, we had good poops this morning!) and the wheels might be dry enough this evening that I can pop her in the wheelchair and see if it turns (fingers crossed!)
Tomorrow is day 21 so we're in for the first of the two big cleans.

Feeling pretty good overall. :)

Back