Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 120

Thread: Big day for Grace and Luther

  1. #51
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Just called for another update.

    So they have had their space expanded this morning, and both are being curious about people going in and out etc as normal so thatís good.

    Luther still is having a bit of a go at Grace when she gets too close, but they do sit together at times too, heís lunging not biting. Sheís ready to be his friend, but heís not yet.
    But still no signs of aggression or humping.

    She thinks Luther is missing home comforts, which Iíd agree with, heís a sucker for being home and in a routine. So they are staying this weekend too, then Iím getting a call Monday morning to hopefully be told I can collect them.

    So again I guess itís still pretty good news considering what he was like before with Truffle. Heís probably a grump about the weather, not being home and maybe still missing Truffle perhaps.

    But they keep saying how lovely Gracie is <3 hehe! X


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This sounds good and at least luther isnít pushing her away completly

    Fingers crossed and sending posative calming bonding vibes

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Just called for another update.

    So they have had their space expanded this morning, and both are being curious about people going in and out etc as normal so thatís good.

    Luther still is having a bit of a go at Grace when she gets too close, but they do sit together at times too, heís lunging not biting. Sheís ready to be his friend, but heís not yet.
    But still no signs of aggression or humping.

    She thinks Luther is missing home comforts, which Iíd agree with, heís a sucker for being home and in a routine. So they are staying this weekend too, then Iím getting a call Monday morning to hopefully be told I can collect them.

    So again I guess itís still pretty good news considering what he was like before with Truffle. Heís probably a grump about the weather, not being home and maybe still missing Truffle perhaps.

    But they keep saying how lovely Gracie is <3 hehe! X


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Sounds like they will get on in the end!

    In my experience it's often the female that takes a bit of settling down, but RU seems to have it's own share of male divas

  3. #53
    Mama Doe Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Awww bless little grumpy chops & beautiful Grace. Looks like they are slowly & steadily edging in the right direction. I'm pleased there have been no war wounds. I bet its really weird having a bunny free home fo so long...bet your housework needs have reduced too
    Haha! He totally is a grumpy chops lol! I donít know why heís being so resistant to love though.
    I hope so, she always sounds a bit down about how they are, but I said honestly just the fact Luther isnít trying to chew her ears off is amazing in itself, even if heís being slow to give in to her charms.

    Ha! Itís funny you say that. My housework has reduced but the cats keep me busy enough still. But I did think my morning is considerably quicker without feeding cats any bunnies.....then I felt bad because I do miss them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #54
    Mama Doe Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1981 View Post
    This sounds good and at least luther isnít pushing her away completly

    Fingers crossed and sending posative calming bonding vibes
    Thatís what I was thinking, although in my head it sounds so sad sheís trying to cuddle and he lunges.

    Thank you :-D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Mama Doe Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Sounds like they will get on in the end!

    In my experience it's often the female that takes a bit of settling down, but RU seems to have it's own share of male divas
    Do you think? Thatís so reliving to hear, I know Iím a worry wart anyway but itís so new to me having a female I canít tell how itís going lol. Just know obviously no fighting or blood is always a good thing!

    I think Luey definitely fancies himself as a diva but I said to the bonder I fully expect the rolls to switch by the end after hearing about bossy lady buns hehe!! X


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #56
    Forum Buddy Craig 1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ipswich
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Reading your update, in my opinion, this appears to be (still) a sorting out of dominance. The dynamics of the relationship has changed and although we can't get in their minds, we can see from posture and body language what is going on. I am sure he is missing Truffle - he was his world and everything that was familiar. Now that is all being changed. In Luthers world, Grace is a new person so he has to come to terms with it. Pushing the boundaries is what parents call this behaviour - he's seeing what he can get away with and establish friendship boundaries. Grace seems more laid back - perhaps in her previous home the dynamics were different. All rabbits are unique and they just need time and a little helping hand to resolve their differences.
    Topping up the bonding vibes for Luther & Grace. xx

  7. #57
    Mama Doe Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Reading your update, in my opinion, this appears to be (still) a sorting out of dominance. The dynamics of the relationship has changed and although we can't get in their minds, we can see from posture and body language what is going on. I am sure he is missing Truffle - he was his world and everything that was familiar. Now that is all being changed. In Luthers world, Grace is a new person so he has to come to terms with it. Pushing the boundaries is what parents call this behaviour - he's seeing what he can get away with and establish friendship boundaries. Grace seems more laid back - perhaps in her previous home the dynamics were different. All rabbits are unique and they just need time and a little helping hand to resolve their differences.
    Topping up the bonding vibes for Luther & Grace. xx
    Thank you for your comment, what youíve said is really interesting. Thatís a very different way of looking at his behaviour and makes a lot of sense that he would test her. He can be a bit of a brat lol. I wonder also if heís unsure because heís never met a doe before (after his siblings) so that also is something unfamiliar to him.
    Grace was unnutered in her previous home and was only let out an hour a day from her cage, she apparently met the unnutered boys the other children got as Christmas gifts, and she was picked on. So I guess sheís maybe laid back because heís not being mean to her until she gets too in his face.
    Thank you for your help and more vibes I really appreciate it :-) xx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    Forum Buddy Craig 1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ipswich
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Thank you for your comment, what you’ve said is really interesting. That’s a very different way of looking at his behaviour and makes a lot of sense that he would test her. He can be a bit of a brat lol. I wonder also if he’s unsure because he’s never met a doe before (after his siblings) so that also is something unfamiliar to him.
    Grace was unnutered in her previous home and was only let out an hour a day from her cage, she apparently met the unnutered boys the other children got as Christmas gifts, and she was picked on. So I guess she’s maybe laid back because he’s not being mean to her until she gets too in his face.
    Thank you for your help and more vibes I really appreciate it :-) xx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm? It seems to be making more sense to me anyway. Staying with the status qup with Luther, Grace 's behavior starts to make alot more sense. I am sad that her previous life was so restricted and so bad, but she's now very much going to have the life she truly needs and deserves. So Grace is alot more accepting of the situation because for her, from her perspective, she is being allowed to be herself. She isn't being shoved about as some used toy is. She has her life and she is behaving as she should be. So Graces world is now 'whoopee' and she is wanting to be with Luther because she feels safe and protected and in her world, this is complete.
    Luther, as you said, is probably unsure because he's now being asked to suddenly share his life with a female - strange smells, behaviours and he has to adjust to all that. It's like spending your life with someone and getting use dto all their quirks, and then suddenly having to adjust to someone totally different in a short space of time.
    Imagine if you will, a child going to school for the very first day - all new sounds, smells and not sure who to trust or make friends with. This is probably how Luther feels - only he must find a way to be friends with Grace.
    I am confident that Luther will find his own strategy and the bonding will work. And once they are back home with you, their little worlds will be complete and they can both settle into a routine, underpinned by your deep love and affection for them. xx

  9. #59

    Default

    This is a really interesting discussion about the dynamics of bonding, topping up the weekend vibes for Luther and Grace x

  10. #60
    Mama Doe Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Hmm? It seems to be making more sense to me anyway. Staying with the status qup with Luther, Grace 's behavior starts to make alot more sense. I am sad that her previous life was so restricted and so bad, but she's now very much going to have the life she truly needs and deserves. So Grace is alot more accepting of the situation because for her, from her perspective, she is being allowed to be herself. She isn't being shoved about as some used toy is. She has her life and she is behaving as she should be. So Graces world is now 'whoopee' and she is wanting to be with Luther because she feels safe and protected and in her world, this is complete.
    Luther, as you said, is probably unsure because he's now being asked to suddenly share his life with a female - strange smells, behaviours and he has to adjust to all that. It's like spending your life with someone and getting use dto all their quirks, and then suddenly having to adjust to someone totally different in a short space of time.
    Imagine if you will, a child going to school for the very first day - all new sounds, smells and not sure who to trust or make friends with. This is probably how Luther feels - only he must find a way to be friends with Grace.
    I am confident that Luther will find his own strategy and the bonding will work. And once they are back home with you, their little worlds will be complete and they can both settle into a routine, underpinned by your deep love and affection for them. xx
    Omg literally everything youíre saying is making so much sense and angles I had never thought of!
    Really interesting to think about actually, and I think you are totally right in both their cases to be honest.

    Thatís really given me more faith in how they are doing so far and how hopefully they will be able to be friends in the end :-) and thank you for such kind words about us <3

    Thank you for your comments itís been really helpful and good to look at things from another perspective. Xx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •