• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's big adventure

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
We've catproofed the garden so that Freddie can enjoy some safe outdoor time and the little monkey would spend the whole day out there if we let him!

He's so funny as he zooms off down the garden, letting out a little chirp as he sets off as though he's revving himself up. [emoji23][emoji23]
8fb8dff563ba6eadbf99e9127249717a.jpg
6135cbfdfe6fa5b8aeb3b13cff86b4eb.jpg
1b9e8061189c2521551a117f1cd3141d.jpg
b34fd49819f9fc88d84f39aa0474bd95.jpg
221c2a6738d10008a4905e9ee00f39bb.jpg

Oh my [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

So he literally can't escape the garden? And other cats can't get in? That sounds really good

Well that's the idea Graciee but we have to watch Freddie for a while to make sure he doesn't have other ideas. [emoji23][emoji23]

We've put mesh all around the top of the fence, angled inwards, so that he can't jump straight over & it's quite flexible so he shouldn't be able to clamber up that and over either. A lot depends on how determined the cat is really so we may have to modify in future.

Cats can possibly get in & get stuck (so we do a quick check before we let anybody out) but if it does happen it's not something they tend to repeat lol! It's been up about 3 weeks and we've had no visitors, we even check the cctv to make sure they're not coming in & managing to get back out somehow.

Bless :love: how have you managed to cat proof your garden? That is amazing:thumb:

ETA cross posted with you :wave:

I'm not sure if you can actually see the mesh in the first one [emoji23][emoji23] as it's a lot less in your face and prison like than we thought it might be. Excuse the half-painted shed! I had to paint some of it before we catproofed but couldn't be bothered to finish lol.
e6936b86d8f41338b01452f99130a911.jpg
1deb9de25d7929e53c922c198ba4d9e7.jpg

Well that's the idea Graciee but we have to watch Freddie for a while to make sure he doesn't have other ideas. [emoji23][emoji23]

We've put mesh all around the top of the fence, angled inwards, so that he can't jump straight over & it's quite flexible so he shouldn't be able to clamber up that and over either. A lot depends on how determined the cat is really so we may have to modify in future.

Cats can possibly get in & get stuck (so we do a quick check before we let anybody out) but if it does happen it's not something they tend to repeat lol! It's been up about 3 weeks and we've had no visitors, we even check the cctv to make sure they're not coming in & managing to get back out somehow.
That's amazing!

My new house seems to have like a million kitty visitors [emoji38] I fear that'll change when I get a dog tho [emoji38]

Gosh, those photos are mahoosive if you view on a laptop. I do apologise. :oops::lol: You can even see Freddie's little needle teeth in one of them. :lol::lol:

Graciee, our dogs didn't stop the cats coming in; they were just a bit more selective about when they did it. Or sometimes they would sit on the shed taunting my poor pooches. :lol:

Freddie's head is going to swell with all the love; he is very handsome and he knows it. :love:

A great job :) I knew cats couldn’t get out but didn’t realise it also put them off coming in

I really hope it's true lol! From observing, cats don't like to jump up and out, especially to get to the ground from high up. Our cats have always chosen somewhere there's a straight drop down and they usually 'feel their way' with their feet first. Other cats can still walk along the perimeter fence because the mesh is inside that (one went along the back this morning actually) but they're very unlikely to come right in. *fingers firmly crossed*

Gosh, those photos are mahoosive if you view on a laptop. I do apologise. :oops:[emoji38] You can even see Freddie's little needle teeth in one of them. [emoji38][emoji38]

Graciee, our dogs didn't stop the cats coming in; they were just a bit more selective about when they did it. Or sometimes they would sit on the shed taunting my poor pooches. [emoji38]

Freddie's head is going to swell with all the love; he is very handsome and he knows it. :love:
Yea Idk what's going to happen tbh, my last dog seemed to make all the cats disappear [emoji38] now we have lots of cats that visit... I guess it depends on the cats [emoji38]

Gorgeous cat. That looks lovely and secure. There is a house in our village that is home to around 20 rescue cats that all free range and they've done something similar with their garden and I don't believe they've ever had any escape so fingers crossed it should be fine. :)

[emoji38][emoji38] Are you sure your last dog wasn't eating the cats?
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Yes she used to love chasing cats and foxes out of her garden... [emoji38] Meet a cat in the street? Would greet it and be really sweet with it.. But nothing entered her place... [emoji38]

Camping was the same, she'd be in like happy we're outside mode... Friendly to everyone.. Then all of a sudden it was our camp, which she had to protect, then she'd guard it.. [emoji38] Once at the beach, we set our stuff down in some sand dunes, some people walked past and she started Barking at them [emoji38] I ran over and was really sorry, she just decided it was our space to be protected [emoji38]

Wow the cat proofing is amazing.

I notice Battersea offers advice on how to cat proof a garden. If they have, is it FIV virus, then Battersea says the cat has to be in an escape proof garden.

I assume this can't be done in all gardens, if the fence isn't great or neighbours complain.

Back