• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Deleted Received/Sent PMs be Retrieved ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I need to retrieve some information received via PMs and my replies to them, but I have already deleted the messages. Is there any way I can retrieve the messages, as I can with deleted emails ?

TIA :)

As far as I'm aware, no. There's no trash folder, like you would have with your emails so, once it's deleted, I'm pretty sure it goes from the database too. The only possibility is if the person you were communicating with still has their copies.

As far as I'm aware, no. There's no trash folder, like you would have with your emails so, once it's deleted, I'm pretty sure it goes from the database too. The only possibility is if the person you were communicating with still has their copies.

Thanks Karen, I'll try asking them xx

Unless you receive email copies too? I’ve found them in my deleted emails when I’ve needed to before.

Blimey, no I dont think I ever have or that it was even possible !

I get an email alert when I have a PM. It must just be how I have it set up. I’m not sure it’s necessary for me because I’m on here more often than I check my emails :lol: but it has come in handy when I’ve accidentally deleted a message on RU even if I’ve done it on my emails I can check deleted mails.

I get an email alert when I have a PM. It must just be how I have it set up. I’m not sure it’s necessary for me because I’m on here more often than I check my emails :lol: but it has come in handy when I’ve accidentally deleted a message on RU even if I’ve done it on my emails I can check deleted mails.

Thanks Zoobec. That's really interesting to know.
I might set that up :)

I used to get email notifications but they suddenly stopped. I've checked my settings and they're as they should be so I'm not sure what's going on there!

I used to get email notifications but they suddenly stopped. I've checked my settings and they're as they should be so I'm not sure what's going on there!

Yes I think that's the position I am in too :?

I have adjusted my settings so if someone could send me a pm please I shall see whether it's working :)

Yes I think that's the position I am in too :?

I have adjusted my settings so if someone could send me a pm please I shall see whether it's working :)
I just sent you one, sorry it was so boring lol. [emoji23][emoji23]

Yes all mine come through my normal email account but by golly if you haven't seen them before and find them in spam you could have 1000's. :lol:

I thought I'd best update in case it helps Mighty Max & anybody else not getting emails - I've just realised that, since I updated my settings the other day, my email notifications have been going to my spam folder so it might be worth checking there if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I thought I'd best update in case it helps Mighty Max & anybody else not getting emails - I've just realised that, since I updated my settings the other day, my email notifications have been going to my spam folder so it might be worth checking there if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Vegan, I cant possibly look at a 'Spam' folder.................... ;) :lol:

...takes me back to school dinners in the 1970s....spam fritters ... I used to ask for two squares of Yorkshire pudding instead but it was frowned upon!! :lol:

Oh gawd spam fritters :mrgreen: Our school cooks used to insist on topping them with luke warm tinned tomatoes and lumpy mashed potato on the side :mrgreen:

Back