• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding woes

Thank you for checking back! They are besties again now (of course 🙈 - Netherland dwarves x Wild...very entertaining and keep us on our toes!!). We’ve had them in a little puppy pen all night and tonight going to increase the space a *tiny* bit and keep them enclosed for at least another week, slowly expanding the space. Probably be another 2 weeks before they get the run of the living room again.

Thank you for checking back! They are besties again now (of course �� - Netherland dwarves x Wild...very entertaining and keep us on our toes!!). We’ve had them in a little puppy pen all night and tonight going to increase the space a *tiny* bit and keep them enclosed for at least another week, slowly expanding the space. Probably be another 2 weeks before they get the run of the living room again.

Fingers crossed it continues to go well. I would recommend going very slowly with expanding space, I’d probably expand 1 panel at a time, after 48 hrs of no chasing, fur pulling etc, and keep expanding by 1 panel after every 48 hrs.

I'm so pleased that they've become friends again :D I agree with Zoobec, expand the space very slowly.

We will do!! Thank you so much for all you’re advice. They’re still chasing a little at dinner/breakfast time. Hoping that their lovely Timothy Hay that has come today might distract them!!

I hope your littermates can stay together. It sounds like you are making progress. Netherland dwarfs have been in my family for decades, along with some other breeds. Some of mine were calm and liked to cuddle and others could outrun me any day of the week.

If you aren’t already, can you make a pile of hay in the middle, and scatter any herbs/forage and any pellets into it? I always scatter feed bunnies if they are in pairs or groups, decreases the risk of fall outs and encourages foraging.

Yes we scatter their pellets about, and today they haven’t been chasing at all. They’re definitely of the feisty variety!! Although they have NEVER shown any aggression towards us and love a stroke, they’re not sit on your lap and cuddle bunnies.

The lady who bonded them loves them and their mad antics. She thought they were particularly bonkers and she sees a lot of rabbits!

Back