• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to cover a pen with

C9FAL

Young Bun
Hey all,

I am looking for some ideas of what to cover my rabbit pens with. We need them covered as they will jump out. We have been using bed sheets but we have a kitten who climbs the pen, along the sheet and falls through it leaving them uncovered. And also 2 of them have started jumping out with the sheet on somehow. It's leaving them out the pen for I have no idea how long while we are at work or they are jumping into another pen which has resulted in a few fights lately.

Any ideas would be much appreciated as this can't keep going on.

Thank you.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

You could make lids for them from wooden frames and weld mesh, or chicken mesh would do if it’s for a lid. What are the sides of your pens made from? They’d need to be strong enough to withstand the weight of a lid.

You could make lids for them from wooden frames and weld mesh, or chicken mesh would do if it’s for a lid. What are the sides of your pens made from? They’d need to be strong enough to withstand the weight of a lid.
It's heavy duty metal [emoji3526]

This would be my suggestion too. You could fasten it to the run with strong thin rope or cable ties or something, so it can't accidentally be blown or knocked off.

You can thread long garden canes through chicken wire and use that as a temporary lid to the run. If the canes rest on the edges of the run and the mesh is shaped to give a lip over the edge, they should be strong enough to support the weight of a curious cat, and you can secure them if needed.

Sorry, I should have said it's puppy pens in the house.

Back