• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confusion over RWAF listed vets

The last vet I saw couldn’t do a blood glucose test and blamed it on the equipment after 3 tries then had me hold Harlequine whilst giving sub cut fluids and I didn’t want to hold her to tight as I’m always afraid of hurting them so she jumped off the needle twice ;( then I got given 300 doses of cisapride as he claimed it was the smallest bottle they did.
Diffrent vet at the same practice also gave me 130 doses of emeprid.

That’s why I’m willing to travel 90mins by public transport for a decent vet.
Blimey that is far! Have you put a thread on here with your general area asking for vet recommendations? Sorry if you have! Just my vet isn't on the rabbit vet list, but they obviously do exotics and people on here recommended them :)

Yeah I did and I did visit two of them but people recommending hadn’t been to them in quiet some while and they were no longer rabbit savvy. One even said to me why worry it’s only a rabbit. We walked outside and my daughter had a complete meltdown.
Thing is it’s only seven miles which would be relitivly quick to drive but as I don’t drive it takes so much longer. It took me almost an hour to get to the last vets each time and that wasn’t that far. Tbh the busses around here are quiet slow.

Yeah I did and I did visit two of them but people recommending hadn’t been to them in quiet some while and they were no longer rabbit savvy. One even said to me why worry it’s only a rabbit. We walked outside and my daughter had a complete meltdown.
Thing is it’s only seven miles which would be relitivly quick to drive but as I don’t drive it takes so much longer. It took me almost an hour to get to the last vets each time and that wasn’t that far. Tbh the busses around here are quiet slow.

Oh Blimey! Your poor daughter :( if it's not far could you cab or uber? I guess it depends, buses out of London seem confusing and expensive to me [emoji38] I guess there's always the option in an emergency you could cab it there! :)

With the amount I’m at the vets with my two it would cost a fortune and when I factor in the walk to and from the train stations and the waits for changes of trains it works out at 10 mins quicker and that’s it. If it was an emergency I would get a cab.

It’s one bus so it’s easy and conveniant and with a monthly bus oyster it doesn’t cost me any extra.

Last edited:
With the amount I’m at the vets with my two it would cost a fortune and when I factor in the walk to and from the train stations and the waits for changes of trains it works out at 10 mins quicker and that’s it. If it was an emergency I would get a cab.

It’s one bus so it’s easy and conveniant and with a monthly bus oyster it doesn’t cost me any extra.
Seems like a good plan then :D

Back