• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protein levels in forage help

I admire your patience with this food/forage tolerance exercise :)
She's definitely pullet lots out since yesterday. It's all grey because only the under fur is showing.

Not sure how to test the forage.

Should I wait a few days, not sure how quick it would leave her system?

Try a different forage every week?

What do you think.

She's definitely pullet lots out since yesterday. It's all grey because only the under fur is showing.

Not sure how to test the forage.

Should I wait a few days, not sure how quick it would leave her system?

Try a different forage every week?

What do you think.

Well, not to cast aspersions on your theory, but I am dubious that the forage is causing the problem. I could be 100% wrong there.
Remind me - you have had the area biopsied? When Max had this issue I went through absolutely everything I could think of, including a biopsy which showed nothing. In the end a magic cream did it for him, but it took an awfully long time for me to find one that worked. It never came back after that.

Well, not to cast aspersions on your theory, but I am dubious that the forage is causing the problem. I could be 100% wrong there.
Remind me - you have had the area biopsied? When Max had this issue I went through absolutely everything I could think of, including a biopsy which showed nothing. In the end a magic cream did it for him, but it took an awfully long time for me to find one that worked. It never came back after that.

I know it's unlikely, but I want to try it and then I've ruled that out as a possibility.

Just wondered if it's too rich for her tummy and she pulls the fur because she can't reach the pain in her tummy? Just an idea.

No we decided not to do the biopsy. We tried every other test and the vets said she was perfectly healthy. We didn't want to put her through any more tests. She's been so much happier since that decision and more relaxed around us.

Her skin doesn't get sore and if it she pulls out enough fur to show skin. The new fur re grows within days. So I don't think any cream would help. It's not irritated, because it's not constant pulling.

I know it's unlikely, but I want to try it and then I've ruled that out as a possibility.

Just wondered if it's too rich for her tummy and she pulls the fur because she can't reach the pain in her tummy? Just an idea.

No we decided not to do the biopsy. We tried every other test and the vets said she was perfectly healthy. We didn't want to put her through any more tests. She's been so much happier since that decision and more relaxed around us.

Her skin doesn't get sore and if it she pulls out enough fur to show skin. The new fur re grows within days. So I don't think any cream would help. It's not irritated, because it's not constant pulling.

If it were me, I would leave a couple of days for that particular forage to be 'in the clear' with it.

If it's not causing her too much distress then I entirely agree with what you're doing, and I would probably do something similar.
You will have to isolate every ingredient in the forage I suppose.

If it were me, I would leave a couple of days for that particular forage to be 'in the clear' with it.

If it's not causing her too much distress then I entirely agree with what you're doing, and I would probably do something similar.
You will have to isolate every ingredient in the forage I suppose.

Ok that makes sense. So we'll leave it a few days between each one. Might even do 1 a week.

She seems happy and is currently munching on a giant pile of hay. I definitely wouldn't want to cause her distress. I think if we just give a small amount to test she hopefully won't pull much out or hopefully any. She she starts really ripping it out we can stop.

I've written a list of everything that's in the mixed box. There's 9 types of forage and possibly a 10th that I've run out of.

So will try all 9 and see what happens from there.

Thanks for trying to help me and my Mum, with my fur pulling. Here's a picture of my grey patch on my chest, most of it is hidden.

I posed for a few seconds then decided the phone needed investigating. [emoji38]

cdc95b72d580a236c272c3f42f244c5c.jpg
caa0fbd24d9881e8fee846c5507d5ed9.jpg

Thanks for trying to help me and my Mum, with my fur pulling. Here's a picture of my grey patch on my chest, most of it is hidden.

I posed for a few seconds then decided the phone needed investigating. [emoji38]

cdc95b72d580a236c272c3f42f244c5c.jpg
caa0fbd24d9881e8fee846c5507d5ed9.jpg

You are such a cutie :love:

I would do anything if I could help you little Pippin xx

(what did you do to the phone??)

Sorry. I fell asleep. Here are my baby buns, these are the original photos we fell in love with. Archie was a bit older, because he was nearly kept as a show bun. So not so teeny as Pip. (Not my photos)

1bd19fbf69493210c7bb6d0319c3ec0f.jpg
905637491b69a4c905b6ecb26e483ac1.jpg

Some of my pictures of their first few days with us. (We don't have them on wood shavings anymore, they only had them for a few days)
2da83aa6782e486bc2010e0bedef6f68.jpg
929d12d1bcba96f97716f946dbfa7814.jpg
24a4716d095a663355f653604aba5629.jpg
a24bb059a9e9a352df2a1431134ff9d6.jpg

Back