• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protein levels in forage help

Can I melt now :love:

Round oh my gosh I see what you were saying MM and Graciee. Lady pip looks like an incredibly cute pompom in first picture.

Lady pip you are so beautiful and are the cutest rabbit I think I have ever seen :love:

Lord Archie you are so handsome and regal looking right from the beginning and I can tell from these pictures you both had mum and dad wrapped round you itsy bitsy incredibly cute floofy paws from the second they saw your photoes :)

Sorry. I fell asleep. Here are my baby buns, these are the original photos we fell in love with. Archie was a bit older, because he was nearly kept as a show bun. So not so teeny as Pip. (Not my photos)

1bd19fbf69493210c7bb6d0319c3ec0f.jpg
905637491b69a4c905b6ecb26e483ac1.jpg

<<swoon>>

I didn't have my Nethie from a babe, as she was a cast-off, but she still looks a cutie pie x

<<swoon>>

I didn't have my Nethie from a babe, as she was a cast-off, but she still looks a cutie pie x
They're all cute tbh nethies are just too much for me, I'd be unable to leave the house ever [emoji38] I die daily just looking at my lot, especially when Atticus begs and you see his little white belly [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

But baby nethies are so so round and I have no words for how adorable I find it [emoji7][emoji38]

They are too cute aren't they. They should come with a warning that, it will take you a longer to preform any task. They are too distracting!!!!

Update on the dried forage.

Item 1 dandelion root - tried two days in a row. No reaction at all.

Waited a few days

Item 2 echinecea leaves - pulling fur within minutes

I don't remember when I started buying them Echinecea, I'm sure we didn't feed this when we first got them though. Wondering if they'll be a few leaves, items that trigger it.

X

Update on the dried forage.

Item 1 dandelion root - tried two days in a row. No reaction at all.

Waited a few days

Item 2 echinecea leaves - pulling fur within minutes

I don't remember when I started buying them Echinecea, I'm sure we didn't feed this when we first got them though. Wondering if they'll be a few leaves, items that trigger it.

X

Oh! That's very interesting!

I wonder why it makes pip fur pull, be interested to know if its other leaves too

You're doing a great job working it out :D x

Oh! That's very interesting!

I wonder why it makes pip fur pull, be interested to know if its other leaves too

You're doing a great job working it out :D x

Thanks Graciee.

Yeah I thought she be fine with this one, so was a bit surprised. Still wondering if it a coincidence.

No idea why it might be making her pull, perhaps it itches her throat?

Thanks Graciee.

Yeah I thought she be fine with this one, so was a bit surprised. Still wondering if it a coincidence.

No idea why it might be making her pull, perhaps it itches her throat?

Difficult to say, you could feed a tiny bit in a couple of days again to make sure it is that and not a coincidence [emoji38]

Difficult to say, you could feed a tiny bit in a couple of days again to make sure it is that and not a coincidence [emoji38]
Yeah she only had a few leaves. Might do try again. Will see how much fur pulling she does. She's ok at the moment, flopped on the floor with Archie.

I've just looked and we didn't start buying echinecea until April 2017 and she started pulling at least in March 2016. So it certainly wasn't that initially. However maybe, because they are dried it's just too rich for her?

No idea so the experiment continues.

Next update.

So Pip must of continued pulling her fur after trying the echinecea whilst we weren't around because there's definitely a lot missing.

I tried rose petals last night which was 4 days after the echinecea and she has been totally fine.

She is still totally happy in herself and playing tunnels and zooming around the house. The poop output is still good too.

Next update.

So Pip must of continued pulling her fur after trying the echinecea whilst we weren't around because there's definitely a lot missing.

I tried rose petals last night which was 4 days after the echinecea and she has been totally fine.

She is still totally happy in herself and playing tunnels and zooming around the house. The poop output is still good too.

Must be the enhinecea then! Very strange! But clearly it upsets her? Hopefully it's only that, which you need to avoid!

Glad she's still okay in herself :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I hope it's only the echinecea, but I think there will be more that upset her. I think dandelion leaves will.

Will keep you all updated after the next test.

So the day after we gave Pip rose petals she pulled loads of fur. Which was weird because she didn't after I gave them to her.

I'm not sure if this was a due to
A. Echinecea causing trouble still.
B. Rose petals
C. Neither and it's all a coincidence.

Her poop output was getting less although still big a golden, so I decided to pause the test for a few days.

4 days later she's doing fine and I've seen no more fur pulling since then.

I'm going to try the rose petals again to check they were ok.

I wondered whether the echinecea upset her tummy and so she pulled her fur. Leading to her gut slowing down and causing gas and pain and of course more fur pulling.

I might have to leave a larger gap between each item especially if it's upset her. Maybe a week rather than 3 days.

They are both bouncing around like spring lambs currently. So she doesn't seem bothered at all. Bunnies!

So the day after we gave Pip rose petals she pulled loads of fur. Which was weird because she didn't after I gave them to her.

I'm not sure if this was a due to
A. Echinecea causing trouble still.
B. Rose petals
C. Neither and it's all a coincidence.

Her poop output was getting less although still big a golden, so I decided to pause the test for a few days.

4 days later she's doing fine and I've seen no more fur pulling since then.

I'm going to try the rose petals again to check they were ok.

I wondered whether the echinecea upset her tummy and so she pulled her fur. Leading to her gut slowing down and causing gas and pain and of course more fur pulling.

I might have to leave a larger gap between each item especially if it's upset her. Maybe a week rather than 3 days.

They are both bouncing around like spring lambs currently. So she doesn't seem bothered at all. Bunnies!
So tricky!

Yea I'd leave it a week after I tried Atticus with a new food otherwise I was never really sure what was causing what [emoji38]

Sounds like you're making progress tho :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I know you said you brought it all separately then mixed all the diffrent ones together. The ones your giving now for the test are you just picking them out of the mixed box?

If so could there be tiny bits of the echinacea the rose petals that you couldn’t see.

Just a thought

I know you said you brought it all separately then mixed all the diffrent ones together. The ones your giving now for the test are you just picking them out of the mixed box?

If so could there be tiny bits of the echinacea the rose petals that you couldn’t see.

Just a thought
No we had some spare still in sealed bags, but good idea though. :)

Quick update.

Pip has had more Rose petals and dandelion root

And because my OH is a naughty monkey she also had dried carrot.....

We have seen no fur pulling after any of these, but we can't watch her all the time.

However I have noticed some joined up poops tonight in the toilet. Now these could be Archie's or just from moulting or of course she's been eating fur whilst we've not been here.

I'm wondering how long it would take for a fecal poop with fur to go through a bunny?

I haven't seen her eat fur since 28th. Surely it can't still be that fur that has come out now?

She's currently trying some plantain....

I'd be tempted to extend the timeframe between introductions, ie only feed the one herb for a month then introduce one more the following. I know it seems drastic but with one of my previous bunnies it was easier to find a base level of stabilisation when it was done more slowly, especially as its so distressing for them to be in so much pain. Its hard to work out how long it takes them to process adverse reactions so you may think she can't tolerate something when actually it was something you fed a day or so previously.

Back