• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today's Pics of Bitey Betty :-) U/D *SHE'S DEAD* :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She hasn't killed me......................yet ! :lol:

pLpRlCG.jpg

9tfjGjt.jpg

YdQKWyL.jpg

nL4RehU.jpg

7WZ4knn.jpg

lEnipxl.jpg

FDDkuLJ.jpg

hytAOk9.jpg

Last edited:
What a little treasure! Love her pot, even though she has to make do with a ramekin dish! :love:

She looks so harmless. I love the photos of her in the dish. Looks like she has made herself at home :love:

Is that your arm and a big black glove ?:lol:

Poor girl you can see how big she is underneath. I had the same problem with Little mum, bad aggression and she got obese. I put her in a pen for exercise every night but I tell you what really worked, one if those spinning saucers. I have several spare if you would like one. Mum has two in her cage and she uses them both. She loves them, I hear her on them every night.:love:

Hi Jane,
From her name I surmise that she has the same personality (disorder) as my brother's childhood hamster, Bitey Whitey. He (Bitey Whitey, not my brother), would bite the hand that fed him. Bitey Whitey would not let go after he got his teeth in someone's flesh so pulling your hand away meant Bitey came along too!

Is that your arm and a big black glove ?:lol:

Poor girl you can see how big she is underneath. I had the same problem with Little mum, bad aggression and she got obese. I put her in a pen for exercise every night but I tell you what really worked, one if those spinning saucers. I have several spare if you would like one. Mum has two in her cage and she uses them both. She loves them, I hear her on them every night.:love:

She has a spinner and a wheel. But sprinting around in the bath (on a towel, not in water !! ) is her favorite exercise. My goodness she has a fair turn of speed ! She also shoots through and over tunnels and tubes.

Oh and yes, I do wear gloves to handle her at the moment. I hope to be able to stop doing so soon though as she is nipping less and less every time I handle her. I have to check underneath her several times a day as her skin is so sore :cry: Her sore eye is getting better though :)

Hi Jane,
From her name I surmise that she has the same personality (disorder) as my brother's childhood hamster, Bitey Whitey. He (Bitey Whitey, not my brother), would bite the hand that fed him. Bitey Whitey would not let go after he got his teeth in someone's flesh so pulling your hand away meant Bitey came along too!

Yes, there is a bit more info about BB here T :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?475275-Bitey-Betty-the-Killer-Russian-Hamster

She has a spinner and a wheel. But sprinting around in the bath (on a towel, not in water !! ) is her favorite exercise. My goodness she has a fair turn of speed ! She also shoots through and over tunnels and tubes.

Oh and yes, I do wear gloves to handle her at the moment. I hope to be able to stop doing so soon though as she is nipping less and less every time I handle her. I have to check underneath her several times a day as her skin is so sore :cry: Her sore eye is getting better though :)

Awww that's good, sounds like she is enjoying life.

She is currently doing battle with a slither of cucumber !!! Not sure she is too impressed with being on a strict diet. She is used to having a whole carrot a day :shock:
Wow, no wonder she's nearly filling that ramekin at the moment! She looks like she's swallowed a pingpong ball. I lived with a cat (in Russia) who looked like she'd swallowed a football... :S

Hello Jane,

After reading BB's write up, I am even more impressed with your taking on the challenge of improving her physical and behavior situation. A run in the bath sounds like a lot of fun.

Hello Jane,

After reading BB's write up, I am even more impressed with your taking on the challenge of improving her physical and behavior situation. A run in the bath sounds like a lot of fun.

She is learning to do a bit of 'Hamster Agility' now and can jump over a tiny hurdle :love:

Back