• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benji is looking depressed :(

moi

Mama Doe
For those that dont know Benji started bullying bunny. Bunny is old and has slowed down and for reasons unknown Benji kept attacking him so I have had to seperate them. Bunny looks happier and more relaxed. Benji on the other hand looks so miserable. I wish I could explain to him that it's because he was being a bully that he is now seperated :( x

For those that dont know Benji started bullying bunny. Bunny is old and has slowed down and for reasons unknown Benji kept attacking him so I have had to seperate them. Bunny looks happier and more relaxed. Benji on the other hand looks so miserable. I wish I could explain to him that it's because he was being a bully that he is now seperated :( x

Poor Buns :cry: Has Bunny been checked over by the Vet ? Sometimes arthritis can affect elderly Buns and 'slow them down'.

Benji could probably do with a Vet check too, if he hasn't already had one recently. If a Bunny is feeling under the weather this may initially present as unusual aggression to other Rabbits and/or humans.

Is Benji eating and pooing OK ?

Maybe provide him with some additional environmental enrichment, new toys/tunnels etc. Lots more human attention too.

Are they both outdoor Rabbits ? Can they still interact through through the side of their enclosures ?

Yeah they both recently had there yearly check ups. Bunny had lost a little weight which is probably due to Benji being possessive over food. Before separating them we did let Bunny eat on his own to give him chance to eat at his pace. They live in my outhouse attached to my home and I have a Bunny proof garden for when I'm home. I've put a section down the middle of the room so they still see each other. He is eating and pooping which is a relief. But other than that he just sits in the corner :(

Yeah they both recently had there yearly check ups. Bunny had lost a little weight which is probably due to Benji being possessive over food. Before separating them we did let Bunny eat on his own to give him chance to eat at his pace. They live in my outhouse attached to my home and I have a Bunny proof garden for when I'm home. I've put a section down the middle of the room so they still see each other. He is eating and pooping which is a relief. But other than that he just sits in the corner :(

Did the Vet check their Teeth ? If Benji is being unusually possessive over food that might indicate that it it is him who has an issue rather than Bunny. If Benji has some Dental problems he may not be able to eat as quickly as usual so he will not want to have any competition in the food department.

Sorry you have had to separate your buns. It's good that Bunny is more relaxed, but I hope you manage to find a way to make Benji happier. Jane has given excellent advice. Have you tried giving him toys, boxes or tunnels to play with? A digging box filled with hay and some forage or a few pellets might entertain him.

Yeah full check. Benji eats really quick... not that bunny is a slow eater. But he doesnt inhale it like Benji. Hes got plenty of things to keep him occupied but hes clearly got the hump that hes been seperated x

Back