• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plumpkin March 12th 2018 - March 4th 2019

Only a bunny as special as Plumpkin could make me open an instagram account which I did just to see her. Really lovely - I watched them all. Thank you for sharing xx

I have followed the lead of Joey & Boo and joined the instagram world. It only took me an hour of tooing and fro-ing. But it was so worth it.
Seeing Plumpkin in the videos was so special. You have an incredibly peaceful and serene garden. It was a joy to be able to hear the sound of birdcall, undisturbed. Your garden is a peaceful and special place. It is also evident that there is an abundance of love that just flows from you towards your pets. They are your world and it shows. Everything that you do is for their benefit and your rabbits are relaxed and comfortable. Plumkin is such a beautiful softee - that is so apparent. She also thrived with you. She adapted so incredibly well in spite of the problems she had with her teeth. The way she was tucking into the smoothies was just so heartwarming. Her expression was like "this is the best nomms in the world". It was just beautiful to watch. The bond she shared with Bea and Ham was also special and I think gave Plumpkin that special sense of security that she needed. You gave Plumpkin more than memories. You filled her heart with love and joy and a sense of belonging in your family. You gave her life - the very best life she could have wanted and deserved.
PLumpkin was everything and more and her story on Instagram is both moving and heartfelt and shows the love and joy that you shared with her. Thank you so much for sharing this special insight into your special life and special Plumpkin. :love:

I have followed the lead of Joey & Boo and joined the instagram world. It only took me an hour of tooing and fro-ing. But it was so worth it.
Seeing Plumpkin in the videos was so special. You have an incredibly peaceful and serene garden. It was a joy to be able to hear the sound of birdcall, undisturbed. Your garden is a peaceful and special place. It is also evident that there is an abundance of love that just flows from you towards your pets. They are your world and it shows. Everything that you do is for their benefit and your rabbits are relaxed and comfortable. Plumkin is such a beautiful softee - that is so apparent. She also thrived with you. She adapted so incredibly well in spite of the problems she had with her teeth. The way she was tucking into the smoothies was just so heartwarming. Her expression was like "this is the best nomms in the world". It was just beautiful to watch. The bond she shared with Bea and Ham was also special and I think gave Plumpkin that special sense of security that she needed. You gave Plumpkin more than memories. You filled her heart with love and joy and a sense of belonging in your family. You gave her life - the very best life she could have wanted and deserved.
PLumpkin was everything and more and her story on Instagram is both moving and heartfelt and shows the love and joy that you shared with her. Thank you so much for sharing this special insight into your special life and special Plumpkin. :love:

Aww thank you Craig, I'm so glad that you got to watch the videos! She had such a kind, gentle personality and it really shines through in the clips I filmed of her. It does bring me comfort knowing how many people's lives she has touched :love:

I’m so sorry for your loss, but glad that she finally got to experience love and care when you took her in x

Still thinking of you all - hope everybun is muddling through ok xx

Thank you joey&boo. I'm feeling a tiny bit better today but every time I look at Beatrice I tear up. She's been so low and her and Hamilton just seem to be 'co-existing' rather than bonded friends. They are sleeping seperately and both look pretty miserable. It's hard for me to watch, honestly :(

Thank you joey&boo. I'm feeling a tiny bit better today but every time I look at Beatrice I tear up. She's been so low and her and Hamilton just seem to be 'co-existing' rather than bonded friends. They are sleeping seperately and both look pretty miserable. It's hard for me to watch, honestly :(

Its one of the hardest thing watching your furry ones grieve. i expect they need a little time & whereas they might not be close I'm sure Ham & Bea appreciate bunny company. one of my bunnies grieved so badly for her half sis she came down with EC & had shocking head tilt within 24 hours, some bunnies take it hard :(
My boyfriends colleagues bunny used to spend hours & hours sitting on the stone that marked his bonded mates grave :( xx

It's very difficult and sad when they grieve :(

The blessing is that at least your two have each other, but I know the dynamics change when one leaves. I hope in time they will feel joy again and love each other x

joey&boo, that is so so sad :cry: They are such intelligent animals and experience loss just like we do.]

MM, I hope that they will too. They were close in the past but I think that when Plumpkin came along, Beatrice latched onto her very strongly and Hamilton became more of a third wheel. Now Beatrice keeps running away from him because he's being too 'forward' with her.

Babsie, I can totally understand that. They are strangely brining me comfort, because it feels like I can still watch her having fun with her friends :cry:

Me and OH cried a lot over you today my girl. I had a vivid dream about you last night. There's a hole in our family that can never be filled. Our family was so perfect and it was ripped apart too soon.

You'd be so pleased to know that I saw Hamilton and Beatrice snuggling together this morning. It's the first time they have been on friendly terms since you left them. They have experienced the pain and confusion from your loss as much as we have. I was so happy to see them comforting each other today and I know it would make you happy too.

Something I'm finding really hard, Plump, is that you're not going to see this beautiful garden we were creating for you and your friends. You only got to spend a month in your shed, and it was your shed indeed, because you were the one who needed the extra warmth. We spent so long levelling the ground, building the foundations, painting it just for you. When you finally moved in on the first night it snowed, we were so so happy.

I didn't get to see you in that shed long enough, though. And we were going to turn the rest of the garden into a haven for you. The shed was just the beginning. I'm glad that Hamilton, Beatrice and Jellybean will be able to enjoy the space in your honour. But I so wanted you to be able to enjoy it too.

Here's a picture of you on the first day that you got to move into your shed. I miss seeing you in there, cuddling with Beatrice in 'Plumpkin's Bunk'.

20190131_152300 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Lovely to hear Bea & Ham are cuddling again. I remember when we moved from Hull to lancs we were so excited to be able to offer our bunnies "big grass". Unfortunately we lost one bunny just before the move & the first two years we rented beautiful houses but no secure gardens. Property 3 we rented was a horrible house but with a big beautiful secure garden. Noodley (& Joe) was gonna get big grass at last. It turned out she only had 8 weeks there so I can empathise with feeling your bunny was cheated of time to enjoy the plans you had in place. However 8 weeks is no small amount of time & proportionately its a lot longer for a rabbit. Sending lots of love xx

Lovely to hear Bea & Ham are cuddling again. I remember when we moved from Hull to lancs we were so excited to be able to offer our bunnies "big grass". Unfortunately we lost one bunny just before the move & the first two years we rented beautiful houses but no secure gardens. Property 3 we rented was a horrible house but with a big beautiful secure garden. Noodley (& Joe) was gonna get big grass at last. It turned out she only had 8 weeks there so I can empathise with feeling your bunny was cheated of time to enjoy the plans you had in place. However 8 weeks is no small amount of time & proportionately its a lot longer for a rabbit. Sending lots of love xx

Aww, this is so true joey&boo. It's really nice that you can relate to my situation with your own experience. It makes me feel comforted - thank you <3

Aww, this is so true joey&boo. It's really nice that you can relate to my situation with your own experience. It makes me feel comforted - thank you <3
Yea it's a horrible feeling that, I lost a rabbit and the day I did some wooden indoor bunny furniture turned up that I'd ordered for her :( its still sat in the garage packaged up.

Sending you lots of hugs, you really gave Plumpkin a wonderful life with you.

I was thinking about this the other day with my hamster as I've only had her 6 months and she had a terrible time of it before, but 6 months must be an eternity for a tiny hammie.. Plumpkin had her best life with you :) x

Yea it's a horrible feeling that, I lost a rabbit and the day I did some wooden indoor bunny furniture turned up that I'd ordered for her :( its still sat in the garage packaged up.

I was thinking about this the other day with my hamster as I've only had her 6 months and she had a terrible time of it before, but 6 months must be an eternity for a tiny hammie.. Plumpkin had her best life with you :) x
Me too, I lost Millie a few dates before they where due to go in their new room. Hugs everybun :( xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Me too, I lost Millie a few dates before they where due to go in their new room. Hugs everybun :( xxx

Yea I remember that :( it's awful, I always think about Atticus and Clementine and how they're missing Fleur and only Atticus really got to meet her and the life they'd have all had together :(

Definitely, hugs for everyone it's tough sometimes with animals xx

Back