• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Techie Q- What am I Doing Wrong ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I seldom actually Log Out of RU, but every time I do when I Log back in all my Settings have changed :? Does this happen to everyone ? Or is it something I am/am not doing ?

TIA x

I seldom actually Log Out of RU, but every time I do when I Log back in all my Settings have changed :? Does this happen to everyone ? Or is it something I am/am not doing ?

TIA x
That's odd, which settings in particular change?

Definitely shouldn't be happening... Has it happened more than once?

Very weird!

That's odd, which settings in particular change?

Definitely shouldn't be happening... Has it happened more than once?

Very weird!

My Avatar and sig disappear, my PM Settings goes to not accepting any PMs and my Ignore list is emptied :?

Oh and my email/Pop-Up options get switched off too

I have also noticed I am getting automatically Logged out of two other sites I use, when this never used to happen :?

TIA x

That’s very odd. I hardly ever log out, but I’ve not noticed any settings changing when I have. Your signature and avatar is showing for me :love:

I haven't experienced this.

I did notice that your signature was missing on one of your recent posts.

Strange!

x

Last edited:
I have been having problems too! I never used to log out of RU but now I have to keep logging in even after a 5mins break. The other week I couldn't even log in and had to take computer to Curry's for them to sort out. I am still not sure what the problem was, my friend spent around 3 hours over the weekend trying to figure out why I can't log in to Wightbay but we are still no wiser. She was able to log me in on her phone but not on my computer. And I still can't find my E.Mails. I hope you get yours sorted out Jane.

Oh no pc problems ! I'm absolutely no help, but I have noticed that sometimes my signature dissapears for days on end, then comes back, never sure if others can see it or not. Hope you get it sorted Jane !

I have been having problems too! I never used to log out of RU but now I have to keep logging in even after a 5mins break. The other week I couldn't even log in and had to take computer to Curry's for them to sort out. I am still not sure what the problem was, my friend spent around 3 hours over the weekend trying to figure out why I can't log in to Wightbay but we are still no wiser. She was able to log me in on her phone but not on my computer. And I still can't find my E.Mails. I hope you get yours sorted out Jane.

Tonibun, that's really interesting what you said about emails. I posted on here a few weeks ago for help, as I couldn't access my emails on PC or iPad. I knew it wasn't a IPS issue, but then suddenly out of the blue they all appeared again ! I'm still none the wiser ! Hope you get yours sorted, by the way I'm with BT, don't know if it was an issue with them maybe ?

Back